• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oldsouthernboy

AHHH the vehicles I just went and raided my hidden money and bought a 1028 500 miles away and have to recover it after christmas, Anyone want to ride to little rock and back no charge just help drive OOH also need a trailer to do this LOL. Down the road from me is a M725 retired from a fire department, plottting how to buy this and hide it, maybe I can make her believe the M1009 and the M1028 mated and made a M725. The paint on the M725 is that puke green, If I busted a gallon of OD on it maybe I can pass it of as a off spring of the my other, But how will I explain the BOBBED duce I am also looking at?? the Grand dady of the other and come for a visit? MY wife is not smart on trucks or guns but she sure can count.

colelkhunter

These are the times when you need a stash yard! I keep a few over at other places and just swap them out every now and then. Kinda like a prisoner in a jail, the count always stays the same. Green metal is green metal to my wife as well.

dragon1124

Welcome fellow newbie lol, I just my first m1009 4 months ago. I had major problems with it and tried selling it on eBay, which didn't work out. Now I have a second chance to get her up to par. I contemplated giving up on it after it didn't sell, and now am changing my mind. As far as I know all I need to do now is get new glow plugs, and get a true 24v starter. That seems to be all I need, but I know the big money repair coming up is the floater in the gas tank, which needs to be replaced as the gas gauge is misreading.

My m1009 is fun to drive and turns a lot of heads. Also makes my neighbors mad when I warm her up since it hasn't gotten above 30 degrees in awhile. Like some said on here, you can find alot of the parts at napa or autozone. The only thing I could not find in a local store was the 24v starter which I am getting from eBay which also has parts. Even though I wanted to give up, I've realized that with any used vehicle comes headaches lol. Have fun and enjoy the m1009 and the site.

bkwudzhom

Welcome cfish. It is paramount that you know you are officially notified and now have about 10 mos to be prepared for the GA Rally. This year was my first. The wife,son and I had to wind up driving the Honda but we still had a ball. Meeting so many people that have the same addictionis can be quite overwhelming at times, and with the information that floods out of some of these guys mouths some of them seem like walking TM's! Anyway--be sure to check your local junkyards. Many military pickups were used as brush trucks for fire departments and maint. trucks for county departments. Some County departments may have parts left over just stiiing on the shelf from when they had some of these on duty. Most dont know the military names for the trucks but "old Army truck" is a good start for what you are looking for or something you can pick up and trade here. Good luck again and welcome--See ya at the Rally!
BK

cfish

Thanks guys. I have been reading the posts about all the issues. I have started compiling a parts list and have already placed orders for several items. I look forward to talking with folks here. bkwudzhom, what and where is the GA rally???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks