• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newby from England

Foxtrot Oscar

Hi Pete. Welcome to SS from NZ - The other side of the globe.
Lovely truck! :cool:
Being ex-museum it will be pristine as we can see.
I see you have a wrecker yard so I wonder if you are expecting to work her daily or just for exhibitions/parades?
Will you be able to garage her indoors? Those British winters can be seriously damp and cold. I 'enjoyed' 21 of them.
Hence, I also appreciate the practicality of the Closed Cab conversion in the older pic. ;-)

Last edited:

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Another welcome from Massachusetts Pete. Cape Cod this time. That is a great looking truck. Hope you have plenty of time to enjoy it. Have fun.:driver:

Petelgv1

Hi Pete. Welcome to SS from NZ - The other side of the globe.
Lovely truck! :cool:
Being ex-museum it will be pristine as we can see.
I see you have a wrecker yard so I wonder if you are expecting to work her daily or just for exhibitions/parades?
Will you be able to garage her indoors? Those British winters can be seriously damp and cold. I 'enjoyed' 21 of them.
Hence, I also appreciate the practicality of the Closed Cab conversion in the older pic. ;-)
Hi mate, yes I work for a Car Breakers which helps a lot with as we are keeping the original Continental Petrol engine in her and she can run on the petrol out of the cars. Yes she is Kept in a building.
She is mainly a show truck, but if the need arises then she can be used for the odd job.
Our weather is not very kind to us, but I was at a show last year when I see an old Mack wrecker that had open doors.
He very cleverly had made wooden doors with Perspex windows, he painted them NATO green and only used them on the road. Then removed the wooden doors and hid them till the journey home. This I may also do.
Pete.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks