• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nissan Armada Springs

01GRANDER

Do the Nissan Armada springs give any lift? Or is it just for ride quality? I think the 4x4 versions can work in the rear as well?

I know they need to be modified.

Thanks,
Steven

01GRANDER

So excuse me if I missed it but what lift did you get? I saw you did front and rear armada 4x4 springs.

I’m going to do a 2” body lift but it would be nice to get a 2” suspension lift that wasn’t the spacers, at least on the am general springs since it’s decently rough.

I refuse to buy the $1500 springs from that one guy…

HeavyArms

Do the Nissan Armada springs give any lift? Or is it just for ride quality? I think the 4x4 versions can work in the rear as well?

I know they need to be modified.

Thanks,
Steven

Im interested in this swap, has anyone done it? how did you hear about it? i was looking for any information but didnt see anything aside from this post.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you do front and rear? Did they provide any lift?
I met coolboatguy tonight and I checked out his stuff and it looks really amazing. He offered to take it for a drive and hit a few curbs but I declined. Lol he has 2.5 inch coil overs and bump stops with limiting straps in the front and springs and custom shocks for the rear. Really nice guy. I hope we can do some wheeling once I get my truck sorted out and maintenance done.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been running them for a few years now. Hands down first upgrade to any truck.
Is there a build thread on the spring conversion, if not please elaborate much more, Spring mounts, A0/A1 or A2? which springs? any mods to the springs? end result/lift?

Last edited:

coolboatguy

Is there a build thread on the spring conversion, if not please elaborate much more, Spring mounts, A0/A1 or A2? which springs? any mods to the springs? end result/lift?
There's 3 sets of springs and 2 sets of mounts. Any combo could work I suppose for ride height, rate etc. I personally use heavier coils with the heavy mount because of upgraded shocks.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's 3 sets of springs and 2 sets of mounts. Any combo could work I suppose for ride height, rate etc. I personally use heavier coils with the heavy mount because of upgraded shocks.
Thanks but I was hoping for something more specific.

Glider

I cut one coil off armada spring front and back. It is mentioned in previous thread that the suspension is at the upper part of its extension range after the install. When you lift with springs you lose the down travel. I wouldn't suggest more than 2 inches spring lift without long travel or suspension Mine looks good and rides good. It probably raised the front 2.5 inches. But the springs will settle with time and some lift will be lost. If I were doing again I would cut one coil from front and 1 1/2 from rear. I have 4 man softtop and usually run lightly loaded. Hard doors, hard top, spare tire carrier and spare will affect ride height and ride. Also if you are always cruising with 3 250 guys it will affect ride height and ride.

Not trying to be rude but if you want documentation or almost guaranteed results you might want to go with a proven product$$.

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I certainly was not asking for "guaranteed results" I was curious about part numbers (as I understand there are several different ones) which spring mounts were used, how the springs were modified and the results achieved on that particular installation.
I am actually not at the point I need any spring changes on ether of my M998s, actually quite happy at this time, but I do like knowing what options are out there and figured I might not be alone.

Glider

Sorry if I came off rude. I'm posting from phone so it's hard to go between threads. I used the Heavier spring suggested by jrtoffroad. I also called the manufacturer and listed the rating of the spring and part# I used iirc in the other thread. If you used in the spring with ambulance top I would not cut at all. I have the welded perches front and rear. The ride is better. I still haven't made a decision on shocks. I have all materials to make adapters for light truck springs but then you need limit straps and a bump stop of some sort. I have a sneaky feeling ill wind up using adjustible cepek shocks. The extra cost will probably be worth it. There are many more variables in shocks than springs I'm beginning to realize.

coolboatguy

Thanks but I was hoping for something more specific.
For specifics. I am running the 4x4 coil with the heavy duty mounts. I cut off 3/8 of a turn off. Essentially a 1" step. I am sitting right at 24.5 to 25 inches from center of hub to fender. Which is the only way to measure it. I have a 2 inch body lift. Max travel is 17ish max compression with 27.5 to 28 max droop. So I am at 60 percent of down travel. (23 is 60 percent of 17 to 27.) Im the one who created this mod a few years ago and misplaced my notes in which I had the full table of numbers for all weight and combo possibilities. You can always add daystar spacers which will give you anywhere between 1 and 2" of lift if you wanted it. I do not run them in the fronts as I have switched to full coilovers. You want the heavy duty mounts if you are going to run 2.5" shocks which I am. But you will need limiting straps.

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been reading all your posts about the Armada springs (in another thread also) for a while and maybe you could provide some guidance... my truck is stock and there is about 26" to 26.5" from the center wheel to the fenders, same distance in the front and back, on a 12.1k chassis, with a listed curb weight of about 7,800 lbs (but that could be including some armor of which, part of it was removed, so the truck may be lighter, I will weight it soon).
Would any of these springs provide about a 4" lift? I presume the stock shocks will have to be replaced too?
I was looking to get the adjustable Cepek shocks, would those work or need something different?

Thanks!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been reading all your posts about the Armada springs (in another thread also) for a while and maybe you could provide some guidance... my truck is stock and there is about 26" to 26.5" from the center wheel to the fenders, same distance in the front and back, on a 12.1k chassis, with a listed curb weight of about 7,800 lbs (but that could be including some armor of which, part of it was removed, so the truck may be lighter, I will weight it soon).
Would any of these springs provide about a 4" lift? I presume the stock shocks will have to be replaced too?
I was looking to get the adjustable Cepek shocks, would those work or need something different?

Thanks!
IMHO 4" of lift will likely put your half shaft joints at an unreasonable angle unless you drop the diffs which would be a major undertaking.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMHO 4" of lift will likely put your half shaft joints at an unreasonable angle unless you drop the diffs which would be a major undertaking.
Probably leaves you with almost no down travel also. I wouldn’t want more than 2” lift from springs

Glider

With factory old springs I was 23 3/4 center of wheel to bottom of fender. With Armada coils and one coil removed I'm right at 25" from center of wheel to bottom of fender. My front wheels come off ground when jacking up from frame at 26 1/4 center of wheel to bottom of fender.

Im my opinion 4" not possible with spring change only. mabye 2" spring and 2" body. Also the up and down travel can be improved with non factory shocks

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With factory old springs I was 23 3/4 center of wheel to bottom of fender. With Armada coils and one coil removed I'm right at 25" from center of wheel to bottom of fender. My front wheels come off ground when jacking up from frame at 26 1/4 center of wheel to bottom of fender.

Im my opinion 4" not possible with spring change only. mabye 2" spring and 2" body. Also the up and down travel can be improved with non factory shocks
Thank you for bringing me back to reality...yes the 2" spring + 2" body lift seems the way to go, I just didn't want to do spacers over springs and just use the right springs. What is the approximate curb weight of your truck? (not sure what exact model you have)

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can totally see that, even the arms and the whole geometry will be out of whack.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks