• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Longer Stuck here w/no primary air, safe to drive home?

SirKen

I have secondary air but no primary air with no air leaks to be found. Can't leave it here, do I gamble with only secondary air? Worked fine 8 hours ago and just sitting in the parking lot. Tried starting, turned everything off then started again but still no primary air.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Check your air dryer expello valve. There are 2 valves by the wet tank for primary and secondary air. Check and make sure the 4 petcocks are closed. There are also check valves between the air dryer and tanks that can freeze up. Sometimes you can tap on them and get it free. Is there a difference between parking brake on and off?

ke5eua

This happened to me on a recovery trip with a 925. Valve stuck open. Scared me as it happened during rush hour in Oklahoma City. Pushed it in and was able to make it the rest of the way with no further issues.

Hope everything works out.

SirKen

I will most definitely review and repair everything mentioned here and I can't thank you all enough.

Home sweet home, maintained air pressure all the way home... finding a new dryer next.

Thank you all again.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dryers are something you service, not replace.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks