• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Non-whistling whistler...why?

scooter01922

Where to begin.... The 427 was the predicessor to the 465. Exactly what it was in i can't remember but it might well have been the a1's. To fat jack: yes that is correct the turbo was put on there to clean up emissions. BUT as a side effect we get to turn up a the fuel a little and get a bit more power. Not a lot but any is nice when you are moving something like a deuce :-D

Looks like i was too slow on the response....

chemicaljohn

Thanks for the help guys, who knows if I would have caught the difference... anyone know if the gasket between the turbo and manifold is something you can get at NAPA or Carquest? So far i've only seen kits with those in them.
Also will be looking for info on buying or fabricating the cab reinforcement plate for a ring mount... any ideas? Seen some info on that here, but it's fairly old.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Fatjack, it is fairly easy, a search for "turn up fuel" should net you the answer. I have not done it, so I don'r know.

BE WARNED, install a pyro gauge first, as you can melt parts easy with a turned up motor. A pre turbo temp of 1200 is where you want to stop at.

Fat Jack

Great! Thanks for the info gimpyrobb. Don't plan on hauling any heavy loads, so probably won't need the extra power and will just keep my paws off of it.

I have an LDT 465 D dated Oct 1987 in a 1972 AM General M35A2 that is a quiet turbo. The engine sounds like a cat. It has 17000 on it and runs well. Hope the date on engine helps. The truck came from Alaska and had Unit markings from the 172d Bde. It came down from there in 2004 to Montana.:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks