• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Noob in North NJ

aggopian

Hello all Steel Soldiers! My name is Chris, I live in Stockholm NJ but hope to be moving to the Winston Salem NC area in the near future.

I've been checking in here for a bit but only joined a short time ago.
I like what I see with people giving their time and knowledge freely. I also find it refreshing that there isn't unnecessary flaming when someone asks a "stupid" question. Unless they REALLY REALLY deserve it LOL.

A little about me: I was an auto mechanic for about 15 years and ran a shop for 6 of them. I now work for a Napa Auto Parts store in Oak Ridge NJ.
I've been pretty successful at finding oddball parts for both military and civilian vehicles. And worst case scenario I pretty good with a spec book and caliper.

I've done some trailering and quite a bit of towing when I had the shop. I'm also only 20min or so from Picatinny. Not sure if they sell stuff out of there.

I've always loved MV's but really got the bug when I saw a half track up close. What a machine! But that's a pipe dream for another day. I will probably end up with an M1008 to start but my real interest is a bobbed Deuce w/winch and cut down Deuce bed. (100dollarman does nice work...would be a **** of a drive home tho)

That's about it. If I can help I will.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks