• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Noob in North NJ

aggopian

Hello all Steel Soldiers! My name is Chris, I live in Stockholm NJ but hope to be moving to the Winston Salem NC area in the near future.

I've been checking in here for a bit but only joined a short time ago.
I like what I see with people giving their time and knowledge freely. I also find it refreshing that there isn't unnecessary flaming when someone asks a "stupid" question. Unless they REALLY REALLY deserve it LOL.

A little about me: I was an auto mechanic for about 15 years and ran a shop for 6 of them. I now work for a Napa Auto Parts store in Oak Ridge NJ.
I've been pretty successful at finding oddball parts for both military and civilian vehicles. And worst case scenario I pretty good with a spec book and caliper.

I've done some trailering and quite a bit of towing when I had the shop. I'm also only 20min or so from Picatinny. Not sure if they sell stuff out of there.

I've always loved MV's but really got the bug when I saw a half track up close. What a machine! But that's a pipe dream for another day. I will probably end up with an M1008 to start but my real interest is a bobbed Deuce w/winch and cut down Deuce bed. (100dollarman does nice work...would be a **** of a drive home tho)

That's about it. If I can help I will.