• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

North Carolina MV RALLY April 6th, 7th,& 8th 2012

IROC99

We will be there also. Hoping to have at least 4 MV families from Florence area. Have put the word out in Jax., Fla. also.
I would be interested in the 12v workshop for deuces.

What is the cost? Are any meals included, or is there a meal plan?

kc4wd

We will be there also. Hoping to have at least 4 MV families from Florence area. Have put the word out in Jax., Fla. also.
I would be interested in the 12v workshop for deuces.

What is the cost? Are any meals included, or is there a meal plan?

Great!! As far as I know right now...Its $5 camping for the weekend. With Power and water is extra (still working on prices. The farm park will have meals avalible (still working on this as well). If someone wants to bring a MKT and set up that will be fine also (let me know please) I hope to have a convoy saturday evening to a resturant in Asheboro. Still working on final details and will update when I know for certain.

The cost for the 12v siminars will be free to those who want to learn. Would be nice to have a truck that needs this done. If not I will have my truck and will go over and explain the details. I have talked to TM America and I should have some of his alt. brackets for sale. Also Carquest from Asheboro will be there with 24v and 12v alternators, Batterys, GL1 gear oil, Dot 5 brake fluid and other things we can't live without. Rally specials on this stuff.
Jim Henry Surplus will have things for sale also. Delks surplus, and East Coast Surplus may be there as well. I should have a bobcat there for lifting the heavy stuff. I will start a NC rally for sale thread closer to the event dates.

IROC99

I would like to have my deuce 12v rigged. 1971 M35A2. What would the cost be? I plan to arrive early Friday am.
Also, we wanted a site with electricity. How many tents on those sites? Are all the elec sites together? We have 4 or 5 M1009s and a Deuce coming. Seems like that is too many for a site for sure. Not trying to cut costs, just don't want to take up all the elec. sites.

kc4wd

Getting closer!!!!

Getting several interested parties for the 12V addition seminar, for the Deuce.

If your interested in this.... Please PM me and let me know you are interested and when you are planning to be there. Would like to do this on Friday afternoon if I can.

Games will be Saturday starting around 10am.

100acre

As far as easter/passover is concerned can we not find a ordained minister to give services? I would be more than willing to donate eggs to any easter egg hunt for the kids too. I am a christian and I believe that no matter where I am on easter ( or any date ) Christ will be with me wether I am in a church or outside.:jumpin: jumping towards heaven.

onegmjack

I am planning on attending,my son was wanting to go to the GA Rally but he would had to miss two days of school.His mom would not hear of it.My mom will also want to come.Do will need to call for reservations?Dwight

kc4wd

As far as easter/passover is concerned can we not find a ordained minister to give services? I would be more than willing to donate eggs to any easter egg hunt for the kids too. I am a christian and I believe that no matter where I am on easter ( or any date ) Christ will be with me wether I am in a church or outside.:jumpin: jumping towards heaven.
Super Idea. I'll take care of it! May have to be an early service.....say 8am or so.

I am planning on attending,my son was wanting to go to the GA Rally but he would had to miss two days of school.His mom would not hear of it.My mom will also want to come.Do will need to call for reservations?Dwight
Great! It is my understanding you will need to call and get reservations if you require power with water. If you camp in the rough no reservations required. There are bath houses and restrooms there.

kc4wd

Thanks Neil....

Don't forget.......if you are camping and need power and water you need to call and reserve your spot.
336-859-2755 Denton Farm Park.

MDSA

Not sure, but I will probably bring the Deuce and trailer the M37.

Anybody wanting to convoy from Western NC? I can leave as early as Thursday after work - 3pm. Or early Friday morning.

I will probably come home Saturday night or EARLY Sunday to spend Easter with Family.

100acre

Not sure, but I will probably bring the Deuce and trailer the M37.

Anybody wanting to convoy from Western NC? I can leave as early as Thursday after work - 3pm. Or early Friday morning.

I will probably come home Saturday night or EARLY Sunday to spend Easter with Family.
Im not sure of the details yet but some of the guys from western Tn and I were talking about convoying together. You are totally welcome to join, maybe start a thread

onegmjack

Dan I will try to pick up my son on Thursday afternoon.If you want to start a convoy thread guess we can try to meet and start sometime Friday?I talked to Allen,I can't remember when he was wanting to start.He is in Johnson City,I'm in Kingsport.So when event gets closer will be checking for convoy thread.Hope we can meet up with Brian and maybe others planning on attending. Dwight

allenhillview

MDSA, Yes your schedule works great for me also, we are planning to leave here early Fri morning (real early 5:00 or so no rush) we will talk of a meeting place somewhere along 421 if that fits you? Or I'll come to Ashville and that way which-ever is best for you. onegmjack will let me know his schedule.

MDSA

We will take I-40 east to Mocksville and pick up 64 to 109 which will take us straight into Denton. We could meet in Statesville where I-40 and I-77 meet if you take 421 to I-77. Or we could meet in Mocksville. If you come down (and up) I-26, you could catch I-40 in Asheville and meet us in Morganton, but I-26 has STEEP hills.

I really like Early. I'm afraid if we start much later that we'll end up getting to the rally late and miss the fun.

Plenty of time to consider routes.

100acre

We will take I-40 east to Mocksville and pick up 64 to 109 which will take us straight into Denton. We could meet in Statesville where I-40 and I-77 meet if you take 421 to I-77. Or we could meet in Mocksville. If you come down (and up) I-26, you could catch I-40 in Asheville and meet us in Morganton, but I-26 has STEEP hills.

I really like Early. I'm afraid if we start much later that we'll end up getting to the rally late and miss the fun.

Plenty of time to consider routes.
Every time i go to Denton Farm Park I go by way of I-40 to 64 mocksville and 109 so we could meet in Morganton. What means this early word ? what time do you want to leave Morganton ? Is Brandon convoying as well?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks