• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

North Carolina MV RALLY April 6th, 7th,& 8th 2012

onegmjack

When we road motorcycles to Cherokee,we took off on 81south,hit 40 toward Ashville,I know a little more about that side as opposed to the other side. Will shoot for the plan or meeting place at the Exxon in or close to Morganton,when Rally get closer we will see if everyone is still ok with plan.Mite be hard to get everyone together at the same time.Dwight

allenhillview

Exit 106 off I-40,Exxon, Morganton,Daybreak, its all good. onegmjack I got you covered on the roads, directions, for sure stay on the big road, that Burnsville stuff ...Bad on grades, etc. Are you going to make that Morganton exit by daybreak? We'll need to leave with 3-1/2 to 4hrs. on hand to get there with comfort. I want leave you behind. Its only a couple hours but lets not push the plate?

Last edited:

MDSA

Brandon,

Yes, if the 5 ton will pull it better. I assume that Mack will have more power than my multifuel. And that will allow me to pull my ammo trailer with firewood, etc.

By the way, I think with time changes by April, Sunrise will be around 7.

ctmustang

Mapquest shows 110.3 miles from here to Denton,taking the I-40 to exit 170(hwy 601) route.

Or about 2 1/2 hrs or so by MV,there is 1 set of scales we will pass by on the west side of Statesville,and they have been open every day for the last 3 months in both directions( I have been working in Mocksville).

Given that there will be about 5 to 6 trucks(so far) meeting in Morganton,I am gonna recommend meeting at the Exxon station just off Exit 106(Bethel RD),there is enough room to support several Deuces/5 tons and trailers,plus it has a round drive,no backing necessary,and there are 2 diesel pumps,as well as it being away from the Hwy 18 exit where there is construction going on.Plus there is an easy return to I-40.

Just a FYI post.

you fellas coming from western nc would be better off coming down I-40 to the hwy64 exit in mocksville it runs into hwy 109 and right to Denton farm park. You guys do not have to cross scales in NC unless you are running commercial plates
CT

CGarbee

I'll see if I can convince the folks to let me have the weekend off... :) I usually am the "head egg hider" for the hunt on the front lawn at the homeplace...

That said, I'll likely drive down on Friday morning from Raleigh in something green...most likely with something else on the towbar or trailer...

MDSA

I'm having a thought here Barbosa.

Exit 105 (obviously 1 mile sooner than 106) might be a better stop for you guys coming from TN. 106 only has fuel and a convenience store.

105 has at least 2 diesel stations with easy pull-through pumps. 105 also has a McDonalds. You guys from TN may need breakfast. There would also be plenty of bathrooms.

The road beside McDonalds is wide and we can line up on the pavement. Wouldn't want to get our tires dirty. There is an empty lot where we can turn around. Might be a good photo op as well.

Just a suggestion.

wb1895

As long as I am not working I will be there. I live off of 64 between Mocksville and Lexington. So I can try to hook up with the convoy when it passes by. Wahoo!!!!

allenhillview

I'm having a thought here Barbosa.

Exit 105 (obviously 1 mile sooner than 106) might be a better stop for you guys coming from TN. 106 only has fuel and a convenience store.

105 has at least 2 diesel stations with easy pull-through pumps. 105 also has a McDonalds. You guys from TN may need breakfast. There would also be plenty of bathrooms.

The road beside McDonalds is wide and we can line up on the pavement. Wouldn't want to get our tires dirty. There is an empty lot where we can turn around. Might be a good photo op as well.

Just a suggestion.
Thank You for looking out for us. Suzanne will thank you for the clean bathroom. I'll have 16' tandem with dirt-bike (son can't leave home without it) look out for us at daybreak we'll be in CAMO. Exit105 it is.

rednckii

how many people from the va beach area heading that way. Thinking bout headin that way was wondering if anyone wanted to convoy most likely be leaving thurs morning if do go. Hopefully be bringing both deuce and cucv if not just cucv. Also guy from work is tagging along in his tacoma not an mv but ill take any support i can get.

twa@ezdn.net

how many people from the va beach area heading that way. Thinking bout headin that way was wondering if anyone wanted to convoy most likely be leaving thurs morning if do go. Hopefully be bringing both deuce and cucv if not just cucv. Also guy from work is tagging along in his tacoma not an mv but ill take any support i can get.

Count me in....

kc4wd

Spoke with CGarby (Cabell) tonite. He is interested in bringing his MKT. Anyone up for a meal plan? Starting Thursday evening? He will post tomorrow with more details if anyone is interested.

IROC99

Tell Cabell I have 2 adults, 4 kids, plus maybe 6 more adults and 6 more kids interested. We will be coming from Florence, SC. Will arrive Friday in time for supper.

Hope it is a go!

Rick

MDSA

Attention Western North Carolina and Tennessee Folks:

AMGeneral and I were discussing my proposed meeting point along I-40, and I forgot that there is construction at Exit 105. They are completely redesigning the exit. By April it could be a mess. Also, Exit 105 will require 2 left turns out of McDonalds and onto the interstate.

Brandon suggested Exit 116. There is a McDonalds with a gas station with separate truck pumps. One-stop shopping makes better sense to me. Big parking lot, and a simple right turn onto the interstate. Much better idea. (Brandon’s a lot smarter than he looks)

So, we can try Exit 116 at daybreak, Friday, April 6. Most Tennessee bladders can make an extra 10 miles, right?

Just 2 months away.