• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

North Carolina MV RALLY April 6th, 7th,& 8th 2012

vinny-socom1

Trying to work out the details but it looks like I might be able to come up with Rick(rbeasley) I think we will trailer Ricks & the wifes M1009 up!

Anybody have a weather history? can we tent camp?

Vinny

kc4wd

From the sorce I looked at the average for that weekend is around 50 at night and 75 day. Tent camping is fine. Come on up Vinny, nice to get some of the Florida gang here.

Last edited:

CJ9/Granny

I have been watching this thread for a while. If all goes according to plan, my wife and I would like to come up and camp with you folks again. We look forward to seeing some of you folks we alrread know, and meeting those we don't.

kc4wd... it took me a while to put the pieces together, but I believe we know each other. Your comment on your other half's food allergy was the key. My username may do it for you.

Anyway, if strays, with no military iron, are still welcome we will plan to join you folks for a weekend.... providing the weather cooperates. Almost forgot... my wife is also currently on a gluten-free diet so I won't be getting in on the food deal this time. :)

100acre

The food situation is still being worked out.

Cabell..........? In an earlier post I have asked if anyone wanted Cabell to bring the MKT. So far I have had 1 reply to bring it, I think there was 5 or 6 counted in that post. Anyone else? I will probably bring my own food since I like to grill out with the wife. ( she is allergic to wheat so we have to be carefull). The farm park will also be offering food as well. If you sign up for the MKT it will be 1 price for all meals for the weekend. (Breakfast, dinner and supper) (yes, I'm from the south DINNER is at 12:00) The more that sign up the cheaper it will be.
Sign me up but how much are we talkin? and what, do tell, might ya be a cookin?

kc4wd

I have been watching this thread for a while. If all goes according to plan, my wife and I would like to come up and camp with you folks again. We look forward to seeing some of you folks we alrread know, and meeting those we don't.

kc4wd... it took me a while to put the pieces together, but I believe we know each other. Your comment on your other half's food allergy was the key. My username may do it for you.

Anyway, if strays, with no military iron, are still welcome we will plan to join you folks for a weekend.... providing the weather cooperates. Almost forgot... my wife is also currently on a gluten-free diet so I won't be getting in on the food deal this time. :)
Come on over and join in. Sorry but, I can't place the user name, but if you know me from 4 wheeling, then yep, thats me. The Big Dixie Boggers put a ride on for her to help pay her doctor bills. (Thanks again BDB!) Can't ever give them guys enough thanks!

As for the food deal, we can't give a price until we know about how many we will be feeding. I'll try to get Cabell to post here with a menu.

CJ9/Granny

Come on over and join in. Sorry but, I can't place the user name, but if you know me from 4 wheeling, then yep, thats me. The Big Dixie Boggers put a ride on for her to help pay her doctor bills. (Thanks again BDB!) Can't ever give them guys enough thanks!

As for the food deal, we can't give a price until we know about how many we will be feeding. I'll try to get Cabell to post here with a menu.
We were at the BDB event, but I was, still am, with Trailblazers. My wife made your wife an afghan. Knowing women, she will probably remember that. :)

Here's a link to pics from last year's URE rally. In post #21, the 1st, 3rd, and 4th pics are ours. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/steel-soldiers-rally/68736-2011-uwharrie-rally-pics-3.html

kc4wd

And now......I know exactly who you are. I just showed this to her, Now she can't wait for the event. In fact she just went and grabbed it. I sure hope you and your wife will be there.

kaiser715

Don...glad to see you found this thread, I was going to email you tonight and clue you in. I had a guy stop by the house last week to look at the 715 and he told me about it.

Renee and I are talking about coming out and camping.

CJ9/Granny

Don...glad to see you found this thread, I was going to email you tonight and clue you in. I had a guy stop by the house last week to look at the 715 and he told me about it.

Renee and I are talking about coming out and camping.
Appreciate you thinking about us, DP. How did you get Renee talked into going camping? [thumbzup]

surplus mike, I assume your post was aimed at kaiser715, but I will answer anyway... both of us frequent NC4X4.

kaiser715

i think i know you, well sort of. are you a member of nc4x4 ? lol
Yep, that's me.

Appreciate you thinking about us, DP. How did you get Renee talked into going camping? [thumbzup]
Oh, she's great about camping, tent or the S250...just not when it's hot and no electric for the a/c.

I'm trying to figure out how to get the 715 and the camper there...the new pickup doesn't pull as strong as my old truck.

CGarbee

Food thoughts... :)

I've been way too busy at work, but here are some thoughts I have for a menu/pricing. I'll firm this up depending on response. As mentioned earlier, the more who sign up, the better I can do on pricing (within reason). I can also tweak the menu if folks have food allergies or other dietary restrictions.

I've included a Saturday supper in the menu/price even though I know there was some discussion of convoying off site to local joint to eat. I can delete this and adjust if we still want to convoy, or keep it in place if some folks opt to stay on site...

I'm planning on arriving Thursday afternoon in time for supper (if that's ok with the organizers), and can stay through Monday lunch (once again, if its ok) since I have both Friday and Monday off work that week. I can add folks in for supper on Thursday and can add in meals on Monday if folks want...

That all said...

Friday:
B: eggs (most likely scrambled, but I can do fried or other options...), bacon, grits
L: Hamburgers, salad, chips (lettuce, onion, tomato, cheese, etc.
S: Chicken and rice with veggies.

Saturday
B: eggs, sausage, oatmeal
L: hotdogs, salad, chips
S: BBQ (pork), spuds, green beans, rolls

Sunday
B: eggs, bacon, pancakes
L. grilled chicken breast, pasta salad, chips (stuff so you can make your chicken into a sandwich...lettuce, onion, tomato, cheese, etc.)
s: linguini with two or three sauces depending on if we have any BBQ left over (a marinara, a tomato/beef, and perhaps a spicy pork version...), salad, garlic bread

I can do the above for $30 a head if I have 30 bodies...

Obviously, I'll also toss in tea, coffee, and lemonade. Other drinks are on your own...

100acre

Food thoughts... :)

I've been way too busy at work, but here are some thoughts I have for a menu/pricing. I'll firm this up depending on response. As mentioned earlier, the more who sign up, the better I can do on pricing (within reason). I can also tweak the menu if folks have food allergies or other dietary restrictions.

I've included a Saturday supper in the menu/price even though I know there was some discussion of convoying off site to local joint to eat. I can delete this and adjust if we still want to convoy, or keep it in place if some folks opt to stay on site...

I'm planning on arriving Thursday afternoon in time for supper (if that's ok with the organizers), and can stay through Monday lunch (once again, if its ok) since I have both Friday and Monday off work that week. I can add folks in for supper on Thursday and can add in meals on Monday if folks want...

That all said...

Friday:
B: eggs (most likely scrambled, but I can do fried or other options...), bacon, grits
L: Hamburgers, salad, chips (lettuce, onion, tomato, cheese, etc.
S: Chicken and rice with veggies.

Saturday
B: eggs, sausage, oatmeal
L: hotdogs, salad, chips
S: BBQ (pork), spuds, green beans, rolls

Sunday
B: eggs, bacon, pancakes
L. grilled chicken breast, pasta salad, chips (stuff so you can make your chicken into a sandwich...lettuce, onion, tomato, cheese, etc.)
s: linguini with two or three sauces depending on if we have any BBQ left over (a marinara, a tomato/beef, and perhaps a spicy pork version...), salad, garlic bread

I can do the above for $30 a head if I have 30 bodies...

Obviously, I'll also toss in tea, coffee, and lemonade. Other drinks are on your own...

I'll sign up for that but is there any possibility you can have another lunch option as opposed to hotdogs for lunch? I have never really been able to eat them. Kielbasa or sausages would be fine. Just my 2 cent requset Thanx

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hotdogs can vary a lot, depending on they type of meat used. We have people in the local club that get sick on anything except the 'all beef' type. The cheap ones are still less than a dollar a pack, while the all beef ones are close to $4 for the same number of dogs. Dan, have you tried the kosher beef ones?

kc4wd

Bring all you want to sell. There will be a vendor row set up, like the Ga rally, but you can sell anywhere you want. Now that you have a MV your cost to sell will be 1/2 price, $25 instead of the $50. This is the farm parks fee, not ours.

wb1895

I am just off Hwy 64 at the Davidson/Davie county line. Do you have any Idea what time you will be coming out of Mocksville, Just so I can try to meet up with the convoy and join in on the fun??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks