• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

North Carolina MV RALLY April 6th, 7th,& 8th 2012

MDSA

Tentative plan is to meet at 7am at exit 116 off I-40. You are about 1 hr away, but don't know when we'll actually hit the road, so probably a phone call to you when we leave, and you have us a spot picked to meet you at.

allenhillview

Meeting Places

Will try to give everyone a heads-up as this date approaches, so now would be a good start time on everyones info. CALL, PM, EMAIL,

This is to join in convoy from East Tn along I-26 to I-40 into Morganton NC by 6:30-7:00am ,

MDSA is strawboss on this I'm going to relay info as we move along and help with each pick-up, pull off, locations, as he works with communications along route.

Guys make easy as possible but please don't ask for a unsafe stop, we are going to use ramps to get off and do a join-in, get right back up and move on, that given try to find a not so high traffic area.

All can begin to call 423 913 1775/ email allenrichards48@yahoo.com, PM's

MDSA

Photo Op

Good news, the manager at the McDonalds at exit 116 has said he would allow me up on the roof to get a group pic. I'll scope it out to make sure, but if we line up in back by the trees, we should be out of the way and get a good shot. Put little MV's like Dan's CUCV in front. I'll take 2-3 pics and email copies to you guys rather than take 5 cameras up on the roof.

kc4wd

6 weeks to go! Anyone notice how many new introductions there have been lately from NC? There is 5 on the first page alone. I really expect this to be a rather large rally. I hope at least 50 MV's. Can we do it?
So far I have heard from people comming from NC, Va, Tn, SC, Ga, Fl and a maybe from WV.

Last edited:

kc4wd

Just got back from Denton. Jim and I went over there today to get or set ups right, so we know where we want things to be. I think we are going to set up everything is 1 area, so we will not have vehicles and vendors all over the place. (kinda like the Ga rally) Jim is also talking about getting shirts, and Hats made. He will purchase these and will have them for sale. I think we may have dash plaques as well. He is going to start carring over items for sale on Tuesday before the event. Needless to say he is bringing truck loads to sell.

Events so far: Thursday.......can start the event then. Thats when we will be there, actual event starts Friday.

Friday, There will be a convoy to Uwharrie for wheeling mid morning. That evening there will be a 12 volt seminar for the Deuce, then a how to build a remote brake fluid res. Maybe a grudge pull in the dirt that evening as well. Interested?

Saturday. Another convoy to Uwharrie mid morning. Around 11am or so (depending on how many participate) the games will begin. MV games with your trucks. Prizes will be awarded for winners of each class. Classes will be decided when we know what vehicles will be there. Late evening we are still planning a convoy to a resturant to eat. We have hopes the Army Paratroopers will drop in sometime. Late Saturday after the convoy, Prizes will be awarded. Right now prizes are not decided but may be Cash ( If every one wants we could pay an entry fee and winner takes all including the money I am putting in) (could be Fuel $$)

Sunday: What ever you want, There will be some that stay untill Monday.

Vehicles I know will be there so far:
Deuce and half's a2's, A3's and 109's
Cucv's
5 ton's 800 and 900 series, M39, M54
Hmmwv's
Gama Goat
M37's
M151
Huey (thats right, Jim hopes to fly his Huey in)

Last edited:

17 Legion

allenhillview, Thank you for the compliment, pictures hide alot so don't look too close in person. But I've been prowling this site for a while and I really expect to see some member's rides that are outstanding examples of dedication to this "hobby". I'm just gonna keep my head low and try not to get embarassed. I think this is going to be one great Rally.

1985mustanggt50

AMGeneral - Yessir! Wastegated turbo will be here this week, ( Thanks Clint! ) Should have my front axle boots done this weekend as well. Hopefully no more problems before the meet!

17 Legion - If you want a big truck I'd gladly trade even for your small one:drool:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks