• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Northern Illinois "get together"

chgofiveo

IM IN!!!!!!! (As long as the wife says its OK) My truck is parked very close to Galena and I will be out that way that weekend. I can go to and from each day

Cant wait to catch up with you guys!!

6x6guy

Due to a conflict in scheduling- sorry guys Knob Creek wins every time, not even family function's are planed during this week, a group of us- SS members have been going for years and wouldn't miss it for any thing- you should try it at least once, and maybe you will get hooked like I am, well there is always next year. John :roll:

Last edited:

chgofiveo

Due to a conflict in scheduling- sorry guys Knob Creek wins every time, not even family function's are planed during this week, a group of us- SS members have been going for years and wouldn't miss it for any thing- you should try it at least once, and maybe you will get hooked like I am, well there is always next year. John :roll:
Where is "Knob Creek"?

BMS07

I talked to the wife and we are planning to go. Going to bring the wrecker and the mule. So what do I need to know? Just show up and go from there? I think it will be a great time. I know skinnednuckles planned on going too. Thanks Brad

50shooter

I talked to the wife and we are planning to go. Going to bring the wrecker and the mule. So what do I need to know? Just show up and go from there? I think it will be a great time. I know skinnednuckles planned on going too. Thanks Brad
To the former Savanna Army Depot or Knob Creek? If it is to Savanna, thank you in advance. I think this will be fun. I've never been to a MV gathering so this is virgin territory for me. I'm sorry to report that I have no more details to add to my earlier comments.

I will bring a deuce or two, a M105, a M1008 and probably my 2 little boys. We only live 12 minutes away but we may camp anyway.

I've lived here all but 4 years (Air Force) of my life so if someone needs "stuff" I can try to help. I've only been in the MV world for a year so I don't bring much knowledge, parts or tools but I'll help anyway I can. If someone needs to leave a vehicle behind it will be safe w/all my toys.

If it is too far for some to come w/their MV, drive the family car and spend the night w/us. You can recon the area and plan for next year around Memorial Day or so and you can hang out and smoke cigars and b/s.

Thanks
Jason

If you need any details or need to make any arrangements, pm me and I will follow up.

chgofiveo

To the former Savanna Army Depot or Knob Creek? If it is to Savanna, thank you in advance. I think this will be fun. I've never been to a MV gathering so this is virgin territory for me. I'm sorry to report that I have no more details to add to my earlier comments.

I will bring a deuce or two, a M105, a M1008 and probably my 2 little boys. We only live 12 minutes away but we may camp anyway.

I've lived here all but 4 years (Air Force) of my life so if someone needs "stuff" I can try to help. I've only been in the MV world for a year so I don't bring much knowledge, parts or tools but I'll help anyway I can. If someone needs to leave a vehicle behind it will be safe w/all my toys.

If it is too far for some to come w/their MV, drive the family car and spend the night w/us. You can recon the area and plan for next year around Memorial Day or so and you can hang out and smoke cigars and b/s.

Thanks
Jason

If you need any details or need to make any arrangements, pm me and I will follow up.
Since you know the area so well, and I dont... A cell phone number would be a GREAT help as I can not find my a$$ with both hands, and will prob get lost...If you feel funny posting it on here, I understand...and Im sure I can find where Im going...Maybe

See you sooner or later
Mike

boomer

I'm going

In my case- there are MVPA Members, going with me. Several more joinning our convoy along the way. Even more hooking up with me down there.

boomer

Jason,
Sounds like a fun time. I already have plans for Knob Creek. I am taking 6 of my vehicles (five friends), along with others that want to join me. Will you be planning another? If so, when? I hope you get some good photo's, and post them. Boomer

50shooter

The organizers are already talking about trying again next year. This year is a Civil War deal and next year is possibly a WWII event. I asked that they give a bit more "firm" notice for next year. Once we see what kind of setup we have this year it may help w/planning for next. This year will serve as the recon mission / shake down cruise.

Hope everyone can make that has it on the schedule. I figure if only a few go then I'll take more of my own trucks just to make it look better than a couple of old trucks sitting in the corner.:cry:

If it works out, I'm coming in Friday afternoon or evening and may bring my boys for our first campout of the year.

For those that are heading down, let me know if need directions or points of interest etc.

50shooter

I think I can make it too!! Will probably bring the M818.

Thanks for the info
Mike :-D
It would be great to have you. Another type of truck will be good for the photo ops too. You must be closer than Florida already otherwise you best be hitting the road now to get here next Friday or Saturday in M818.:grin:

50shooter

50shooter can you give me some direction to get there. Thanks Brad
If you come down to Freeport, take Hwy 20 West. A couple miles west of Elizabeth is the Hwy 84 intersection. Turn Left (the only way you can) and follow 84 through Hanover IL. The former depot is located about 5 miles or so south of Hanover on 84. As you head south it will be on your right. I believe it is still called Depot road but the drive has large brick walls on both sides and say something about Depot park or Savanna depot. They are suppose to have signs made and out there too so people know where to turn. That road runs straight in and once you get there, I don't know where we will be set up. Look for the other MV's.

Thanks
Jason

50shooter

We will be parking our trucks right at the old main gate area. There is grass behind the trucks where we can setup camp for those interested. All the civil war "stuff" will be very close buy as will the food and restrooms. He said they are all set for some posed pictures of the trucks at old docks / buildings / igloos etc. The convoy to the closed part of base should be good to go but not final yet. I think it goes back about 15 miles.

For those still planning to come I appreciate it. Should be fun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks