• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not enought numbers in VIN

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'm looking at a deuce that has bill of sale only here in Ky. Can it be titled?
I don't live in Kentucky, but here a Bill Of Sale will work.
Might be worth a stop by at a local DMV office to inquire on a slow day...

If you can find the License, Theft, and Weight Enforcement office - those folks can be helpful on a good day. They are the folks who would have to come to your place and inspect the vehicle and confirm the serial number.

Hope that helps a little...

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
... frame numbers stamped forward of the steering gusset plate and reads 122329.
When I owned my deuce, the 6 digit number on the frame was my VIN. Yours should be the same.

In Louisiana, our VIN is stenciled on in lieu of a plate. Disregard the "Q", as that was part of the old law.

20200527_025823.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
When I owned my deuce, the 6 digit number on the frame was my VIN. Yours should be the same.

In Louisiana, our VIN is stenciled on in lieu of a plate. Disregard the "Q", as that was part of the old law.

View attachment 845158
And in North Carolina for example: They had "the new girl" in training at the DMV last time I went out to title a truck. Everybody else was working, so the newbie was giving me a hard time about the title that I had from another state. It didn't have enough numbers... Finally one of the other ladies got free and walked over - told her to pad it with zero's and quit giving Mr Mullaney a hard time.

I wanted to point at her and say nanna nanna booboo but I was good. I smiled. She winked. I walked away happy.

Our state is not progressive enough to stencil the VIN in place of a plate though... :-(

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I know the mods and whatnot will yell at you to 'search', but I don't think they'll yell at you for creating a new thread when this one is over 10 years old...
It seems like our "guberment" hasn't improved at all in the last ten years.
You would think by now we wouldn't be discussing that problem at all...
I hadn't noticed the 2011 date until now ;-)

Reactions: HDN

Jakob

I'm looking at a deuce that has bill of sale only here in Ky. Can it be titled?
I titled my truck with a BoS only. The caveat for me is that the truck had never been titled, so they made me wait for 5 years and then they had me apply for an abandoned vehicle title (IIRC). Other than that, the titling process went fine. My local DMV did have to get the main office at Frankfort on the line for some part of the process.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks