• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not seeing pictures!!!!

erniemigi

when i looked into the allowable size of pixs it had dropped down to 100kb, my camera phone don't take pixs that small, i think it is suppose to be 100mb

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
when i looked into the allowable size of pixs it had dropped down to 100kb, my camera phone don't take pixs that small, i think it is suppose to be 100mb
The allowable picture size has always been there.

There are lots of ways to shrink pictures, but I am not computer savvy to list more than the one I use.
I open them in Paint and in the 'Image' toolbar there is a 'stretch/skew' option. You can just enter the appropriate percentages in height/width to reduce to 100kb or less.
For me that is usually 30-35% for a picture of 1.3mb. Depends a lot on how "busy" your picture is, the more detail (like say a vehicle parked on gravel) the more kb/mb. I will save the modified picture under a new name, check the size, and then go back and 'edit/undo' and redo the percentage as necessary to get the right size.

Hope that description makes sense...:???:

Cheers

erniemigi

yesterday or the day before i had uploaded a picture that is 1.08mb and one that was 1.07mb, both of them is just over a little 1000kb, and the image allowable says it will only except up to 100kb, i think when the upgrade was done something in the software had changed it from mb to kb, i like so many others have had there pictures lost after the change, why because the software had recognized those pixs as being over the allowable size so there fore it got rid of them

BIG_RED

I can't see pics either. Also, there is no thank/quote buttons under everyone's posts for me. There are alot of member's I'd like to thank. I thought I had just screwed up my computer somehow.. good to hear I'm not the only one. Having a tiny bit of web admin experience myself, I realize it's a PITA. Thank you Magnus. I love this sight. My friends refer to it as my version of "facebook".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks