• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NV4500 to NP208?

kjcedar

I recently purchased a NV4500 (from a '95 Chevy gas 1 ton 4wd) with the 32 spline output shaft. I have read online 3 different versions about the NV4500 and NP208. Some say it bolted up, some say it can't, and some use an adapter. Well it doesn't bolt right up and I can't find an adapter. I called Advance Adapter and they don't make one and don't even know of one. Is everybody that is using a NV4500 using a 205 then? Thanks for the help.

dstang97

I recently purchased a NV4500 (from a '95 Chevy gas 1 ton 4wd) with the 32 spline output shaft. I have read online 3 different versions about the NV4500 and NP208. Some say it bolted up, some say it can't, and some use an adapter. Well it doesn't bolt right up and I can't find an adapter. I called Advance Adapter and they don't make one and don't even know of one. Is everybody that is using a NV4500 using a 205 then? Thanks for the help.
You need a round pattern 205 with a spacer or short shaft

Josh

I have a older NV4500(with the low first gear) bolted to a 205. I dont really need the adapter or 205, so for the right price Id sell it. I can nab some pictures for ya see if it would work.

kjcedar

I picked up the NV4500 from my local classifieds. It is in good shape, with shifter, but no bellhousing for $600. I also got a Chevy bellhousing from another classified member for $45.

transman

What kind of issues are you having ? I've got a 208/4500 combo sitting on the shop floor and everything seems to bolt up fine . If the TC position is way off and only 5 of the bolt holes line up it is possible that someone may have an aftermarket transhousing designed for a jeep conversion . another option would be a 241 TC from an 88-91 gm R series truck .better than a208 but not as strong as a 205.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crap. Now that I see all this and since I now have an excercise ritual walking U Pick yards, I'm going to start shopping for a NVG4500. What years had the super low stump pulling 1st gear?

transman

If you really want to get creative, it is possible to customize gear ratios (ie closer3-4 shift for less rpm drop) as the gear press off of the cluster gear individually.