• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OD Green Affliction

JOAT 0311

I just got a call that my rear driveshaft is done. I still have to pay for it. I started pulling old tires off of rims last night. I am going to clean up my split rings and mount the MVT's pretty quick here. I just started a new full time gig this week. Yeah for sexual harassment videos and excessive Hippa paperwork! After my paperwork hazing is done I will get a check in a couple of weeks.

JOAT 0311

Rim breakdown has become a real chore. Air is out of tires but I can't afford the big bar to persuade the ring. Any local help would be appreciated. On a brighter note my plates came. I am going nuts looking at my MVT's w/o rims in them.

JOAT 0311

Akonitony, I wish there was a Lowe's close to me. My choices are Home Depot and Menards. I can go to Farm and Fleet but it would be a 1/2 day shopping experience. It was nice to see you and Treysoucie get back to being constructive. I am going to fab something up today. I have a 4 day weekend so I should be able to make some progress. I still need to fab up bottom plates for my u-bolts and find some grade 8 or better 1" fine thread nuts for said u-bolts. Have a safe weekend and thanks for the input!

JOAT 0311

I was able to get the tires off of the rims. They were pretty rusty inside. I am glad I didn't pay someone to do it. Time to clean the rims and paint. I may get the MVT's mounted this weekend! Then pictures.

JOAT 0311

Painted 1 rim after I cleaned it up. I cleaned up my tires and picked up my bottom plates and nuts for my rear axle/ubolts. Ballistic fabrication in AZ has some perches that will work well with my 3" wide springs. The rest of the rims are going to get grit blasted. If I like the rim I painted then time to get more paint. I used plasti-coat plasti-dip spray paint.

JOAT 0311

The 3 rims in the first picture are going to get blasted. I wanted to have one to mount while they were gone. I need to correct an earlier post...the paint I used on the painted rim was permatex plasti-dip. I like it so far, very flexible and not too porous. I used a black semi gloss on the covered by tire portion of the rim. Everything exposed is plasti-dip over primer. I still have to finish one of the split rings and adjust the tubes and flaps. Then it is time to air it up.....safely, my friend has a cage.

JOAT 0311

I also found a couple pictures from the beginning of the project. One is the M35A2 before I started w/it. The other is my 109 next to a tank before I started all of the work on it.

JOAT 0311

Slow progress but still moving along. No money for fun right now. My springs are rated for 3k lbs ea. in the back. I probably should have just used front springs but I will follow through and see how the Freightliner springs rideand haul.

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome JOAT0311 darned nice looking Deuce, These trucks are wondeful to own if they are kept up they are bullet proof relieable and you will never get done working on it, just about the time you think your done you will spot something else that needs either attention or and addition, its a great sickness and welcome aboard
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks