• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oddball deuce or?????

Jeepsinker

Sounds like it could be an IHC built 5 ton. Did you look at any of the data plates on the dash? Who knows, it may even be a rare one off, or experimental truck or something.

ccf460

No, i just bought it and the M46A2. Next week my wrecker driver will bring them home. But, i will be going back over there tomorrow to pull front driveshafts and will get more info on it

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Strip it of every military part that's salvageable, then any part off the rest that might be of use to you or someone, and scrap the rest. It's not an experimental deuce or something really rare. I've seen cobbled together trucks all over the place that look military; it just turns out that many farmers and other agricultural users of these trucks are very resourceful people, and weld together anything that will stick out of whatever parts they have laying around.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it is a Red Diamond engine (looks like one), there are many people looking for them. They really want the split manifolds.

I had a IH Fire truck with the Red Diamond engine.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The INC. military gassers (m62, m54, m139) had Continental 6602s, a 602 ci six cylinder. The red diamond is a old engine that was even used at the of the WW2, this engine is one of the BEST engines that INC has built, it is a torque monster, like the 6602

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think so. I have looked at IHC trucks with that exact cab. From what I have read on the internet, IHC cabs were used on several makes of trucks.
They were dodge cabs we have upgraded at least a half a dozen to the Paystar IHC cabs . My buddy has run nothing but FWD concrete mixers since the late 1950's still has a few on the road and at least 15 sitting .