• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oddball deuce or?????

Happyland1410

I picked up a copy of Fred Crismon's book "U.S. Military Wheeled Vehicles" at a used book store a couple of months ago and it is really cool.

Fred Crismon wrote some good books on military vehicles too. What ever you do IsaLandr don't sell your IHC books by him ! The cost has really gone overboard on his books.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now I am curious. I went out and verified my year...1952 Kaiser #M25368 ? What gives?
Someone titled it incorrect. 1952 Studebaker. I just verified the "M" VIN's are Studebaker with my two.

ccf460

I read the forum post linked above, and one of the guys mentioned frame #'s, where are they so I can see if they match?
Is this common, to be titled the wrong manufacturer?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I read the forum post linked above, and one of the guys mentioned frame #'s, where are they so I can see if they match?
Is this common, to be titled the wrong manufacturer?
On the drivers side framerail near the pitman arm.

Super common for them to be mistitled by previous owners who have no idea (and probably a few DMVs who have no clue).

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your both correct.

What are the odds that the person at the DMV who typed that out also knew that?

How many deuces out there are titled as "Kaiser" or "Jeep" instead of "Kaiser-Jeep".

Kaiser bought Willey's but kept the names separate until 1963. Don't know when Kaiser started building Deuces but a Kaiser Deuce theoretically should be possible if built before 1963. The Dutch DoT had probelems with my Kaiser Jeep Corporation also; they thought to see a jeep and were quite surprised to see a 5-ton M51A2.

ccf460

I apologize for my ignorance about this titling thing. I have transferred title on a lot of vehicles ( only 2 MV's admittedly), and have never been able to change the manufacturer? I guess it must be something to do with the SF97 process. I appreciate everybody who has chimed in and taught me a few things about the titling process and the original vehicle in question. Can anyone point me in the direction of a forum/club/individual who might be interested in saving the powertrain of this vehicle from the scrapper or from me making some kind of hacked up, bobbed swamp buggy, yard tractor out of it.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call memphis with the ven, they could still have records on it.

rustystud

I apologize for my ignorance about this titling thing. I have transferred title on a lot of vehicles ( only 2 MV's admittedly), and have never been able to change the manufacturer? I guess it must be something to do with the SF97 process. I appreciate everybody who has chimed in and taught me a few things about the titling process and the original vehicle in question. Can anyone point me in the direction of a forum/club/individual who might be interested in saving the powertrain of this vehicle from the scrapper or from me making some kind of hacked up, bobbed swamp buggy, yard tractor out of it.
If I only lived closer to you I would buy it !