• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oddball express ii

ODDBALL007

ok ive decided to work on outer shell first cuz when i took the wire wheel to the surface rust this is what i ended up with. The military did a patch job on some rust and i think im going to do the same. So far with roof repair i have about 6 hours into the outer skin. Next ill paint it then start on inside. Also getting these reflecters off was a bit of a challenge

Attachments

3dAngus

Hey, where did you get that wire cup brush that goes on your angle grinder.
I like that, and it beats the heck our of using a drill.

ODDBALL007

ok did some more grinding of the flaky paint and came across some more rust holes behind the door hinge. A/C Cages gave me this liquid metal in a can. Im gonna continue to grind and fill the holes all in at once.

Attachments

ODDBALL007

ok i decided to work on the back doors to address the the rust behind the hinge. Holy cow the army put in over 230 screws on these 2 doors. I took the metal plates off and discovered wood rot. Now i have to take doors of the trailer and fix them I also bought 6 super single rims so i can single out the truck. Not sure of tire size yet as i have heard different views from different people on the pro's and con's of the sizes. I also made up some mud flaps and installed.

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess your going to have a NEW trailer whence your done with the mod. Hows the hammer hanging Chris...? You go BOIE~~~~~~~~~

BTW the express 1 is getting a new paint job this weekend, when Stevo went to Dell's place to get the 109 from him Dell sold me 3 gallons of Desert sand paint, Since the shop is slow this time of year the guys want to repaint. I think I am going to stay with a single color and a few small brown spots.

ODDBALL007

I guess your going to have a NEW trailer whence your done with the mod. Hows the hammer hanging Chris...? You go BOIE~~~~~~~~~

BTW the express 1 is getting a new paint job this weekend, when Stevo went to Dell's place to get the 109 from him Dell sold me 3 gallons of Desert sand paint, Since the shop is slow this time of year the guys want to repaint. I think I am going to stay with a single color and a few small brown spots.
I will have a new trailer yes
Its hanging well

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about removing the rotted wood and replacing it with fiberboard then sleeving your steel sheets as an overlay..?

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It'a all going to rust and rot out if Chris doesn't drain the hot tub before hitting the road!

ODDBALL007

ok i peeled one of the doors apart and i am going to have to remove the door if i want to do it right. Plus they pop rivited the seals on so im going to have to redrill them out to install new gaskets. MORE WORK UGGGHaua

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris thats not so bad to restore, The fiberboard I was referring to has a good insulating factor and will stop a 22 if thats any consolation.

twa@ezdn.net

Does that mean I have to use my bigger gun to shoot Chris in the butt when he starts snoring like Rayzer?

By the way, I gave you the last of them sheets of metal. I can order more if you still want them but you can also pick them up at Surplus Steel in Apopka real cheap. Just tell me before you go and I will have Heidi put it thru my account there and you get it for 75% off.

75% off! what do you have over them folks...:D

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tim at 6'10" and 280 lbs and all muscle I would think John has allot over everyone. I am glad he's on my side.