• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oddball express ii

ODDBALL007

went to the southern outpost swapmeet in ocala over the weekend and picked up a few odds and ends. The reflecters i got complete at 2 bucks apiece the 3 straps that hold my tools on the pioneer rack were obtained at 2 bucks apiece and this cool mirror for the cab at 5 bucks.

Attachments

ODDBALL007

ok i did some repair work on the rust. I was able to get some metal tape in there to act as a background so when i put on the lab metal that a.c cages gave me. Pics are of inside trailer seeing the light. also started to insulate where i could. I hope to slap on the lab metal tomorrow

Attachments

3dAngus

A/C Cages, I saw a fantastic looking M35A2 painted in new desert tan on Saturday in Orange City on Hwy 17/92. Was that one of yours. It still had that slight pinkish/orange tinge to it like the paint was still fresh. What a beauty with that like new canvas top!

I was drooling over it. Looked like it was outside some kind of shop. Watching the traffic, I didn't catch all of the details.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just let Ray come over and pick up the extra stuff. He/we know not to park near Chris's vehicle so there shouldn't be a problem.

A/C, did you get your truck fixed yet? :D

ODDBALL007

ok thanks to DODGEMANJOE aka awesome friend he gave me a brand new house crapper. Now i know it will take a lil more water to flush but i will have at least 100-200 gallons of water and yes i know the weight the water will be so im still deciding. Ive sanded more rust and finished insulating inside. In 2 weekends i shuld b able to give first coat of paint.

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Chris, I am dying to see how your going to plumb this crapper in. How big will the holding tank be..? Do you have to vent it for pressure relief..?:popcorn:

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that's a MAN'S crapper. No sissy little 1 quart flushes for that baby. [thumbzup] That will be especially handy after a night of Captain Morgan and a plate of baked beans at the GA Rally!!! People will be waking up to the sound of power (flushing) instead of cursing coming out of the port-a-potty!!!! :shock:

You need at least a 200 gallon holding tank. 3 gallons a flush x 10 a day (all your buddies will want to use it) x 5 days for the GA Rally. You'll need about a 300 gallon fresh water tank. 300 x 8 lbs a gallon for water is only 2,400 lbs. That trailer can handle it. 8)

Oh yeah, and a 24 pack of TP. :grd:

ODDBALL007

ok i did some more work. I finished framing the ceiling and insulating the interior. i also decided to remove 2 windows and cover over them with aluminum. Here is what the open window looks like now. I will say this. this trailer needed a lotttttt of prep work and well im almost done with prep work to actually start framing the side walls and start running electrical. I did also appy the lab metel. I will say this that stuff is a lot more time consuming then bondo. I will sand it down this week and post pics..

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OddBall:
We have a BoxVan Semi Trailer with no windows in it.

Could you please post up some detail pics of the construction of your trailer's windows, framing, and mechanism? I'd like to replicate the mil-design but don't have any local examples to study. Any detail or rough dimensions that you could provide would be real helpful.

THANKS !

BTW: Looks like she's coming along nicely for you.

Last edited:

ODDBALL007

OddBall:
We have a BoxVan Semi Trailer with no windows in it.

Could you please post up some detail pics of the construction of your trailer's windows, framing, and mechanism? I'd like to replicate the mil-design but don't have any local examples to study. Any detail or rough dimensions that you could provide would be real helpful.

THANKS !

BTW: Looks like she's coming along nicely for you.
hey no problem. i will take some pics when i get home. Now keep in mind these windows look like the m109 but they are shorter. Still same with but shorter. I even have the slide black out covers too.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
hey no problem. i will take some pics when i get home. Now keep in mind these windows look like the m109 but they are shorter. Still same with but shorter. I even have the slide black out covers too.
I had thought about asking one of the M109 guys, but spontaneously asked you - I like the quality of your pics and it seems you'd have or could take some good ones.

Thanks again.

John