• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oddest load moved in a deuce???/ SS airforce??

waayfast

Scoot, I always wondered why they call it a "Supercat" when it looks like a Thrush-not an Ag-cat!? Leonard Mulholland (sp?) at Legal Eagle Ultralites in Brookshire TX has been doing 1/2 VW motors forever--sells plans on how to build-his way doesn't cut the case.Cool lash up-lots of them flying.My ultralite (yeah right -you won't live long enough to finish the other projects already littering the homestead-says the GF:wink:)will probly get a Kawasaki 440.

HHHHMMM!!! just thought--maybe I could do a Supercat and make it look like a mini-Pawnee PA-25-235!!! Then I could re-live my youth HA-HA!!
Jim

OH and agreed to above Robinsons 22/44 just scare the wadding CLEAR out of me--my son's taking training in those and from what I have learned I don't think I'm comfy at ALL with THAT flying contraption.

OH and Happy Birthday USA!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I was gonna post the youtube clip of Troy moving the erected frame tent on his deuce but Scoots little helicopter clip and his plane is much more exciting so....nevermind:roll:

scooter01922

Carl...if you ever get one of those i simply MUST go see it :) You could stop in at all the northeast rallys in it, dosen't take much space to land a chopper that small. Yup waayfast, does look much like a scaled down cropduster of some sort, was thinking pawnee myself. You know how sturdy tht design has proven to be, i'm hopefull its smaller version will be the same. Not that i'm planning anything crazy, but hey i want it in one piece at all times:roll:. PB no, that was one memorable vid and certainly the largest thing ( square footage wise) i have seen moved on a deuce ever :) Thanks for the link armada, wasn't finding a lot on those though i think it would be an interesting option. A dry weight of 65 lbs isn't bad at all.....hmmmm. Well, i have plenty of time to think. Z28YounG...is there any other way to enter a crowded space in a deuce??? Gotta crawl in with the turbo screaming :twisted:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I nominate Gimpy for oddest load hauled in a deuce.

The turbine rotor makes a C turbo sound quiet.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Oddest load I've seen was a four hole crapper but it was hauled by a 5 ton not a deuce. The crapper was later stolen by an infantry unit. We then had to use a home made crapper without toilet seat and the splinters are still being removed from my rear end. Looking back, the grunts deserved it more and it was also a leanring point. Don't leave home without extra toilet seats.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oddest load I've seen was a four hole crapper but it was hauled by a 5 ton not a deuce. The crapper was later stolen by an infantry unit. We then had to use a home made crapper without toilet seat and the splinters are still being removed from my rear end. Looking back, the grunts deserved it more and it was also a leanring point. Don't leave home without extra toilet seats.

I guess that would make it a 5-TonCrapperHauler, huh?
It sounds like A LOT OF CRAP to me nopics

scooter01922

Hey armada any more info on the 4A032 for flight use??? Contacted the guy from that article and he said...and i quote " don't bother, not enough power" Looked all darned afternoon for more info as it does look SWEET when stripped of its stationary cooling shrouding. Certainly looks and sounds the part but seems to be a bit lacking on power. From my hours of reading it seems that 20 or so HP is all you can expect and its really not enough to get you off the ground :-( Really wish i could find someone, ANYONE online that has tweaked one to get the needed power while still being reliable and has actually flown it. Seems like it should be doable somehow, eh, back to the !/2 VW i suppose.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scoot, there was a guy in Orlando that did a bunch with the 4A032. His name was Bruce Hotz. Eventually though I think he ended up working with 2A042 engines. They are pretty much aircraft engines with fairbanks mags and everything.

scooter01922

Funny, i think i came across some info by him in my search, was looking at those 2A042's as well. Suppose i need to see what it says in the design specs for max engine weight and CG allowance before i can do too much anyway. Thanks for the info.

Maverick1701

I hauled my college marching band trombone section all dressed in halloween constumes....fun times. You havent lived until youve seen 20ppl college kids dressed in drag playing trombones in the back of a deuce....lol

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't say I've ever hauled any weird stuff in the deuce, well, besides myself. I have gone to Aberdeen with the back of the truck FULL, as in, no room at all.

Saw this pic on SS a while back, it's not weird, as it is an engine, but the size of it, OH MY.

Attachments

Yarb

Very cool experimental. People fly alot of them at HEF, where I work for the summer. It's a little hairy watching them land if there is even the lightest wind, but I guess it just adds to the excitement.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks