• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OFFICIAL 08' RAUSCH CREEK SIGNUP THREAD!!

jayjetseck

im interested in bringing myself in a m35a2 and staying one nite wll be bring m105 with normal camp gear , maybe ill have time to butcher a pig and can bring some roast for all to share !! would like to convoy,will be able to meet in harrisburg . just need time and date . this will be my first convoy !!!cant wait

scooter01922

Scooter01922, hauling in from far northeastern MA in the deuce, bet yer ass i'll be there for the weekend :), Would love to convoy if i can hook up with some guys heading out there and back, i can bring yet more firewood if its needed.

LanceRobson

Well, the #1 son and I were talking today about driving down for this.

Kind of thought about driving an M1009 or M1008.

After reading all the posts, though, we may bring an M35A2C with an M105A2 and an M1009/M1008, with a pioneer tool trailer. (for a generator, light set, mechanics tools)

Probably Thursday-Sunday.

I see comments about cooking grates, does this mean there is some potential for community cooking?

I might be able to drag down a BBQ trailer. That should raise plenty of eyebrows on I-81!

Alternatively, I could bring any needed number of cooking grates. They're about 3' x 3', and have handles.

Geez, I knew I should have bought an MKT and water buffalo!

I could bring a GP Medium or two (16' x 32' each). For sleeping or "hanging out" I know I've got the canvas, I'd have to check on whether there's two full pole sets.

We have GI lanterns or could bring a generator and 25 outlet light set.

Will have to look at what we've got for camo nets. Most of what I have are the diamonds (the smaller part of a net set, I use them for goose blinds) but we may have a few hexes (the big part). Have some snow and some woodland pattern. No shortage of poles, spreaders and pins.

When I read "no water" does that mean no drinkable water or none at all? I could bring a few clean barrels and fill them at the nearest truck stop on the way in. We have a 12 volt RV pump to transfer with.

I could bring steel fence posts, a post pounder and white minefield tape to mark off an area. We've got some "MINE" signs,too. Just don't know how much of a sense of humor everybody involved has got.

I guess this would give me an incentive to complete a winch swap and a few other things.

Lance

burt gummers

going to have to see what is going on with college but if i can swing it i will be there. will try to bring an m35a2 and some chow and firewood. if all else fails maybe i will grab the co pilot seat in scooters truck. :roll:

No.2Diesel

Wow this is getting out of hand :D

Lance, no water source at all. I would bring bladders, jugs (hehe :) )

I really appreciate everyones offers of supplies and gear. As the event gets closer and a true headcount is achieved then we can determine if big items (like a GP tent, and BBQ trailer :drool: ) are necessary. I'd hate for someone to go through all the trouble.

Yes bring those mine flags :twisted:

rfischba1

I'll be driving up from the Fort Meade MD area and driving my M1009 w/ a 101 trailer to camp in.
Anyone interested in meeting along the way in the MD or heading North from VA I'd like to convoy with.

rhinomike

There will be an off road club having an event that same weekend, should be plenty of room. they have a BBQ vender that's going to be there as alt. food choice! anyone with a tow bar, heading past York, Pa on 83 for the event want to tow my deuce the 70miles to the park so i can deal with other logistical issues? I can offer fuel help? Chris, brother?
I Mike Linebaugh hope to be there, working on logistics, conflict with other event for my wife?
I will bring i guest
1971 M35A2 unmodified
jeep rock buggy
truck and fifth wheel/camper
firewood, water, food
I can take if needed 1200watt Gen. 2cyl (VERY QUIET, 54d) 6500 watt Gen, Gas air compressor
There is also a small charity rock race sat afternoon. (short coarse, fast as you can over rocks, fun to watch, and i'm gona do it in my jeep.
there are no fuel or food places close to this place. TAKE EVERYTHING YOU'LL NEED.
as said before. it is totaly different this year for camping and check in
mike

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am still trying to get my boys tied down on this and it is about the right time for my M 1031 to be released from GL since I already sent in the EUC. I am hoping they can bring the M1009 up and a tent to camp in. If they can pick up the M1031 then they can camp in the truck if needed too. That way they could be their own convoy back home.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just talked to Christian and he is hoping to attend driving up his lifted Jeep and hopefully Noah will come and they can combine the trip with picking up my M1031. I sure wish I could attend but it won't be too long before I get to retire and then these events will be a part of my retirement plan.

The picture below is Christian's Jeep and he will be driving it up. The girl on the rock skid is my oldest daughter Grace, 22 with BSN unmarried and very smart.

The girl in the passenger seat is Christian's fiancee Nicole who also when with us on the New Jersey Pines trail ride a few years back.

Attachments

No.2Diesel

86M10086.2L: Awesome. You won't be dissapointed. We'll be able to convoy the whole way there. Whats your max highway speed? (put a NV4500 in there :p )

5tonPuller: I just wanted people who are 80% sure there going to attend to sign up so I can coordinate a convoy schedule etc. instead of dealing with a million "maybe" responses. Crash all you want! Sign up!

I saw rhinomike's tow rig and trailer last year. :drool: Thats some setup. Your rockbuggy is very professional.

Signup updated

rhinomike

well, rhinomike is out. I sold my M35a2. mostly due to the fact i closed my business this week. I plan on being at the park that weekend, I hope to find a job soon and buy another deuce and start over. I kept all my tools, trailers, 2 jeeps and my truck ( truck for now, if i can make payments). This is a great group and a great trip, I urge anyone who can to attend.
mike

OLDCHEV4X4

This sounds like too much fun. I dont have any green yet, but if you guys dont mind a 1969 blue Chevy Blazer with no exaust, i would like to go. I can bring a 2' x 3' grate to cook on , with rebar andirons. Cast iron cook ware. And of course my 10 yr old son.
I tow my Blazer with my 77 chevy motorhome, and it is real slow up the hills. Its so slow that fully loaded tri axle dumptrucks pass me on hills. So i will just skip the convoy.
I can arrive on friday night from Coatesville PA.

Opps, forgot the format.

Your screen name (+how many guests) ...... oldchev4x4 & my10 yr old son
-Home State........ PA
-Military Vehicle(s) you are bringing...... I wish i had one. So 69 chevy blazer.
-Whether you are attending for the Weekend or Day...... fri night to sunday morn.
-Whether you are convoying with the group or not ...... no.
-What special item(s) or supplies bringing to share(like a cooking grate, hint,hint )....... 2' x 3' grate and iron's to hold it up. Cast iron cook ware. Beer. Lots of spare parts for a 1969 Blazer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks