• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OFFICIAL 08' RAUSCH CREEK SIGNUP THREAD!!

No.2Diesel

-That stinks Rhino. Well your welcome to drop by anytime and hang out. We'd love to see that rock buggy.

-I like Old Chevies too. (still have a 69' C-30 that has been passed down through the family) Welcome OLDCHEV4X4 and thank for your contribution. We're gonna be swimmin' in cooking grates. :wink: I don't know how enjoyable being in a truck all day with open exhaust will be. (wait a minute...I am :D )

-Sephirothq your 25 miles away! You gotta show up! :twisted: What MV(s) do you have? Show up anytime!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, I got the go-ahead to do t-shirts for the rally. Here's the design that was approved. We're going to order about 35 or so of the shirts, that should be plenty for this rally.

The text bubbles say:

"WHO'S THAT?!?"

"Connie Rodd. She just loves driving a deuce!"

Connie: "That's one fine deuce, boys. How about a ride tonight?"

Attachments

No.2Diesel

As of this date the M819 will not be making it due its major refit. :cry: Due to the extensive modifications we just couldn't get it done in time. Expect to see it at Aberdeen 09' :)

Instead, I will be towing a friends Willys MB who also has a modern jeep and will switching between the two for the weekend. So we will have our scout.

Maddawg I hope all of these "gung-ho" people are still with us. :|

TWO WEEKS AND COUNTING!!!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: RC

I asked dm22630 if he wants to go up there, he said yes but it all depends on whether or not he has to work that weekend. He won't know until the Wednesday before. He's in the foreclosure business, and right now business is real good around here, gotta take the money while its there.

Sorry to hear the 819 isn't coming, it was pretty useful last year. I met a guy at Gilbert (can't remember his name, sorry) who said he bought a M818 tractor with a 5th wheel hoist on it, from BKubu, and he was planning on going to RC, pending some insurance details. THAT would be cool to see there....

No.2Diesel

Yeah too many projects at once. Believe me when I say that its gonna be the Shiznit :wink: (can't believe I just used that word) when its completed. I have a feeling were gonna need it too. :? (murphys law)

I think thats RickyOday. Yeah 5th wheel wreckers are cool!

Rickyoday

Hey Guys, I'm still trying to get the XM818 insured. I want to "work" it, and the most cost effective way is to use the RT(Repair/Service, Towing) Tag. The tag for the tractor normally would be $751.50, and an RT tag would be $36.00, plus it can be flipped between vehicles like a dealer tag. There's apparently only one Insurance Co. Erie, who will insure a license plate versus a truck, I talked to two people there, and they won't call me back. My normal truck insurance broker says insurance companies are not very interested in writing new towing policies, because of the inherent risk involved. I may just have to give up the idea and antique plate it, but then I can't "use" it. I'm up in the air about coming now since the M1007 Suburban is riding on the spring bolts. I hammered out the last of the spring bushings on the return trip from Gilbert. I don't know if I'll have the time to do that miserable job. I'll keep you posted. Rick.

scooter01922

geez, 2 weeks??? these things really sneak up on ya. Hopefully i can still make it....the closer we get the more logistical issues pop up for me. Still planning on attending but i'll keep you posted if i can't.

Rickyoday

Gees...that stinks. Do you mean the leaf spring eye bushings?
Yeah, when the previous owner insalled the new lifted leaf springs, he used those poly bushings. The fronts cracked and fell out this summer, and the rears just this past week. I normally only drive the truck about 15 miles a week, so I've been putting off replacing the bushings. I have a customer's truck in the shop now, so I'm not sure if they will be rplaced in time. I'm afraid to do any offroading on the spring bolts. Rick

No.2Diesel

Yes time does fly....I still have to:

-changing fuel filters
-checking brake fluid level
-checking drivetrain fluid levels
-inspecting tires and "soft" fuel lines
-inspecting rear axle "dog bone" bushings
-inspecting brake lines
etc. etc.
------------------------------------------------------------------

-Scooter is there any way to recruit a co-pilot for the long journey?

M37Dodge

Time does fly by . . .

Replaced the rear differential - only to have the new pinion seal leak at the outside (not yoke) edge! I pulled the t/c to do repairs - input shaft is bad and VPW is sending a replacement. 2 speed sliding gear (rides on input shaft) is also worn - so that was ordered from AB Linn. Did I mention the frt diff is bad too? I picked up 2 replacements last weekend.

My driveline was damaged by the prior owner driving through water/mud without immediately changing the fluids - bearings got rusty and pitted. Needless to say, I am not a big fan of driving through deep water/mud. The grit also got in the leaf springs and caused extra wear.

I am confident I will be at RC. :)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Time does fly by . . .

I will go ahead and start PMing those who signed up, who would be along the southern convoy route, to make arrangements for meeting times and places.

Also, I think it would behoove us for our fearless leader (read: No.2Diesel) to talk the the RC owners, see if we can possibly get some prior approval for a designated spot to camp/park our trailers in, etc. Plus, is there someone close by the park that might be able to stop by RC the weekend before and maybe look for a good area to camp in, or scout some trails? That would save a lot of time when we get there....

No.2Diesel

Sent an email to Lynn @ RC. I suspect that her answer will be that its first come first serve in the "new" large camping/parking area and that no special group areas are assigned.

OldChev4x4: No it is not necessary to sign up or contact the park individually. They already know 1 year in advance what weekend it is and I update them as to the projected attendance. Its pretty laid back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. IMPORTANT REMINDER

There has been an increase in bear (black) sightings in the park lately. Black bears are pretty harmless but we don't need to entice them. PLEASE BRING A SECURE FOOD CONTAINER THAT CAN BE STORED AWAY FROM YOUR SLEEPING LOCATION OR MAKE A BEAR BAG!!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No.2Diesel said:
Sent an email to Lynn @ RC. I suspect that her answer will be that its first come first serve in the "new" large camping/parking area and that no special group areas are assigned.
I just hope it's not the moon base. I plan on taking a pavilion, if someone has some camo netting or something similar that can be set up as a cover to our camp, that would be great.

FormerNewMVGuy

No.2Diesel said:
There has been an increase in bear (black) sightings in the park lately. Black bears are pretty harmless but we don't need to entice them.]
Well......... If its cold at night, them black bears is sure warm and fuzzy :D Good for keepin warm, That is if you can fit em in your sleepin bag :shock:

PS. I thought i kept hearin bears at night last year, But it was just Maddawg snoring!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks