• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official '15 Ga. Rally Info thread

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
hi guys from mass what has all the weather done to the show there thinking of making the trip down

For the last 7 years, we've either been the second or third weekend in October. You can see a 10+ year history of temperatures in the very first post in this thread. We've had rain twice I think, the first yar at D-town in 2008. Mild misting, not terrible and very good offroading. This past year we had a quick shower on Friday or Saturday night but that has been about it. October is traditionally pretty dry here.

This year being moved back to the 4th weekend, it's hard to say what the temperatures will be but I'd think we have a good chance at dry weather.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks I was wondering if the storm of the last few days had effected anything in that area ok hopefully ill make it down
Probably made the mud a little deeper. Most of the rain did not happen in the AO (Area of Operation), so it's quite possible there will be dust churned up by the vehicles when you get there.

michigandon

Well gang,

It's almost that time...and for some reason, I'm not getting stoked. Don't know why, but for some reason my heart just isn't into it this year. Not only that, I'm a wee bit overextended at the moment. :oops:

Methinks I'm going to sit this one out and try to get some long-overdue work done on the trucks instead. Hopefully next year will be different?

Don

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first two nights of last year has made me pack two things for the command sleeping tent, fan if it too warm and an electric blanket if it is too cold. (Thanks Phil)

;-)

I needed a slight refresher from my scouting days....

andy3

What is the latest recon on if the WiFi has been repaired or if any cellular carrier ha upgraded their equipment in the area?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been informed by Lauren that there will be wireless and working.

But plan on nothing.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Folks, I have to ask for a little help here:

The professional videographer we had lined up to shoot this years event (including the hardball convoy) is not going to be able to make it this year. So we need some videographers to shoot the hardball convoy and maybe some interviews and footage of the rally. Similar to the excellent video shot in 2012.

I'd like to have 3 videographers, so we have some backups if something goes wrong. We need folks who have equipment that is capable of getting a decent image (HD) and preferably, something capable of capturing some good sound.

Our videographer had graciously offered to shoot the event for free, other than admission. The rally doesn't have a lot of spare money, especially with us buying our own insurance policy this year and a PA system, so we can't offer much, but I figure we can manage free spectator admission and we'll try to accommodate videographers needs as best we can.

If you're interested, pm me. Most of the work will be on Saturday. Maybe 3-5 hours worth? I don't even need an editor; I can edit raw footage. I just need experienced camera operators who understand angles, light, etc.

Well gang,

It's almost that time...and for some reason, I'm not getting stoked. Don't know why, but for some reason my heart just isn't into it this year. Not only that, I'm a wee bit overextended at the moment. :oops:

Methinks I'm going to sit this one out and try to get some long-overdue work done on the trucks instead. Hopefully next year will be different?

Don
Ok, off to Facebook to unfriend you. rofl

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Time to join the fray again, at least for this thread.

I was hoping to join again this year together with Olga, but unfortunately, coming over this year is way out of the question.

crying-fountain-cleaned.gif

Please bear with me for an explanation. After getting back, I did some picture work, than got stuck in further catching up with our work. Than, as they say, it really hit the fan. Olga’s 92-year-old mother needed more and more physical care. She did have a daily external help but only for weekdays and simple not enough. A lot of it came down to us and Olga’s brother. She should have gotten full-time care but those houses are not easy to get in. We were upgrading the external help but that also takes time here. Anyway, a big daily burden certainly on Olga (about 2 – 3 hours per day including a 20 mile round trip). Early June, her mother was hospitalized and she passed away, still quicker than expected, at the end of June.

During all that time Olga has also been doing an outstanding job in her work as project manager at the university cleaning up other people’s mess. That was finally successfully completed end of August and she was getting ready to start developing her own, new projects. At that point, the University told her they are shutting all project managements in this outside office and downscaling that department. She is out of a job per September 1, her colleague here since November 1.

Our tourist season for the blacksmith workshop and the Czech Emigration Museum is now over, so things are quieting down, and the dust is settling. Time to take stock.

We are now writing new projects for our non-profit for next year and looking at our options. With money being tight and the lack of social security here in the Czech Republic, going to the USA is out.

Unfortunately, all the stress and pressure put restoring the M51 on hold also again, so no entry for the MV of the month yet from this side.

Next year is another matter, more about that in a different threat later this week. If I can swing it, 2016 will be our America year. Hope the date goes back to early October, would fit better in our planning.
:tank: :doghead: :jumpin:

hardball convoy 2014.jpg

I finally completed the 2014 hardball convoy video and will complete the rest of the pics and some more video as well during the next days.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks