• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official '15 Ga. Rally Info thread

The Stig

Hello everyone!

I'm a new member on the forum and hope to be attending the rally on Saturday the 24th. I've been going through all the reading I possibly could find on here about owning a deuce and I'm not in the least discouraged. I don't have one as of yet but am working to hopefully add one in the future. I would enjoy meeting as many of you as possible that are willing to discuss with me the things to look out for when I am selecting what I would like to purchase. Also If anyone could possibly offer myself and my friends coming a ride in someone's deuce while there I would be in your debt. I've been impressed with all the previous rally information I have seen, and look forward to attending. I really have enjoyed seeing all the camaraderie amongst the members as well. Always nice to see people who share a common interest that take care of each other. I hope to be one of those type members as well.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stig we can do that !
I don't have a deuce, I have a 5 ton but we can introduce both to you. Hunt me up my screen name is on windshield of truck

bchauvette

Old timers disease

Well for the second time in three years I'm a week early. Even after checking my calendar with the correct dates numerous times. If not for Andy3 I would have been waiting a long time at the convoy rendezvous point for Ken a Andy of Spartanburg for a long time. At any rate Kermie is ready.

IMG_2101.jpg

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Stig, come find me an say hi, just head towards the green hooch with the m819 wrecker parked next to it.

The Stig

Stig we can do that !
I don't have a deuce, I have a 5 ton but we can introduce both to you. Hunt me up my screen name is on windshield of truck
Thank you, that would be awesome as well! Told one of my friends I'd get the deuce fix it up and cut my teeth on it then sell it to them so I could get a 5 ton. Hehe.

The Stig

Im overwhelmed at the responses from everyone. Almost feel like I hijacked the thread. Sorry for that. I'm keeping a list of everyone's screen names and will make a point of introducing myself to everyone as soon as I can. Thank you for the overwhelming responses, what a wonderful community you folks have created. I look forward to being as helpful and active member as possible.

andy3

Well for the second time in three years I'm a week early. Even after checking my calendar with the correct dates numerous times. If not for Andy3 I would have been waiting a long time at the convoy rendezvous point for Ken a Andy of Spartanburg for a long time. At any rate Kermie is ready.

View attachment 587773
On the bright side you would have beat Ron to the rally! I'm not sure the exact phrasing but something that combines pre-and launch comes to mind.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stig, The rally has a plethora of very sharp MV enthusiasts and you can always stop by the command tent and we can out some.

:)

RAYZER

Really excited about being there this year!
Tow4,Quad jeeper and myself will head out with our rigs this Sunday 18th at 1100 hrs,stopping for the night around the halfway mark at poppops LZ.
Our rout from central FL will be: I-4
To I-95 north to I-16 w.
If anyone would like to join our convoy, please feel free to do so!

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter

View attachment 587773
I know what I'm getting you for Christmas. A calendar with next years rally marked on it.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Silly Question...

Is there any kind of notice-message board/attendee list/site plan (camping etc.,) at the control tent, that can be used to inform people of other peoples locations? Not having been to this event before, naturally I am looking forward to finally meeting a load of folks that I've been chatting with for years. Especially as I have stuff going to folks who I don't know as well as stuff for me to collect from others.

Apparently phone reception is a little sketchy - ?

I'd hate to drag stuff there and walk right past someone only to drag the stuff back home as we couldn't 'hook up'.

I'll probably bring a UnionJack to hang on my tan civi tent and I'm arriving with 'wheelspinner' Pat.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the most part, yes Howard. We beg folks to put up a sign with their screen name at their campsite or vending point. We should have a functioning PA this year and we will have dry erase boards for use with at least one at registrations for just that thing. I have offered to print an extra name tag for campsites as well. We are doing all we can to get folks connected.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Think about everybody knows where I lay my head, the T-pee hooch with the 819 next to it.