• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official '15 Ga. Rally Info thread

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the charge for primitive camping at the site, I looked but could not find the answer, this does NOT mean the answer has not been posted, I just can not find it,
Ron, surely your A-Frame is not primative. When you fix it up it looks like the Taj Mahal!!!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Call Durhamtown and ask Ron. It changed the day I got there last year so it is no guarantee what they tell you will be correct.
Yes, that's why it would be a good idea to call them every hour. Just to be safe.

-)
Steve I thought you liked D town. Why for the love of God would you sick a groucy old man on them lol

Love ya Ron
Devil made me do it.
Not really a issue, I have CALLED THREE TIMES this morning all ready, was asked why I was calling so MANY TIMES, told them that the rally CO, Steve Bradley said I should and sent them copies of the above posts. :)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Folks, we're a little more than 3 months out. So you need to make sure you've got your dukws in a row..................

1. Ensure you have time off from work. You can come out for one day on Saturday, but you will really only see about 20% of the event. This is a big event and it takes several days to see and do everything.

2. Ensure you have a plan-are you bringing a vehicle, is it serviced and ready, are you doing trailrides, etc. The weather can be very hot (it was 88° last year) or it could be cooler, since Durhamtown moved us back. If we have an unseasonal cool snap, you'll need a jacket and maybe hats/gloves for the evening. Daytime temps should be pretty good. We've only had rain at one rally (2008 - and one shower in the evening in 2015) but there's no guarantees, so you should be prepared and if you're a swap meet vendor, have a plan for your items.

3. If you have a D-town reservation for power/water spots, cabin or RV, call them and make sure you're good to go on the date change.

Please tell everyone you know about the date change. I would hate for someone to show up on the wrong weekend. "Man, this rally stinks, I am the only one here!"

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just finally got the change in my vaca time approved. That is the biggest hurdle. Going up to Blairsville after the event for a couple of days. Going to drag a few personal item up and drop them off at the other house. Looking forward to it.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am having to get creative to get the time off, since the date was moved. Still not sure if I will make it or not.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could someone please point me to the threads covering MV convoys to get to the rally.
Thanks
None have been started yet. If there is enough interest in any convoys on this thread, SWB or Clinto will start a convoy thread. Excellent convoys in the past have diminished in size since many folks travel early and at different times and speeds.

CUCVLOVER

Thanks guys
I'm still not sure if I'll get to come.
But my dad Actually asked when it was so maybe we can come.
Im sure the green machine is ready execpt for new belts, and front winch mount.
I'm just not sure what dad is going to do, he doesn't look at MV's like I do.
Anyway, did you get the hardball convoy destination figured out? (If someone already posted just yell at me)
Thanks

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Anyway, did you get the hardball convoy destination figured out? (If someone already posted just yell at me)
Thanks
Still working on it and researching options.

camnite

If anyone is going through mobile that wednesday or thursday, would it be alright to convoy with. This will be my first meet and want some convoy comfort on the way

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks