• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official '15 Ga. Rally Info thread

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the 350 number is pretty close. I hope to be able to track that a little better this year.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With drone surveillance, fingerprinting and DNA profiling at check-in we should have a real good idea who is attending.

(Read this - that is called humor and I'm kidding, we only had one drone last year.)

Just show up and take a selfie. I can't believe that was the first time I have ever typed selfie.......

Whiterabbit

What, you're only counting humans??!!!!!
No headcount for all the dogs, pigs, chickens and squirrels? (it is Georgia after all!)
That's just racist! :wreckerman893:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What, you're only counting humans??!!!!!
No headcount for all the dogs, pigs, chickens and squirrels? (it is Georgia after all!)
That's just racist! :wreckerman893:
Richard should have a good running count on those, he'll be the one cooking them.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wreckerman's singing has always been the high point of the rally. Not the huge number of trucks, the hardball convoy, the offroading, campfires or swap meets- it's always been his "Conway Twitty singing along with 3 donkeys in a tent" voice that has brought the crowds.
:)
Which is why I stay in the MKT with the MBU's doing their impression of a B-52 on it's takeoff roll.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Wreckerman's singing has always been the high point of the rally. Not the huge number of trucks, the hardball convoy, the offroading, campfires or swap meets- it's always been his "Conway Twitty singing along with 3 donkeys in a tent" voice that has brought the crowds.
I deeply resemble that remark.:wreckerman893:

If you had to put up with :gimp2:, :clinto:,:doghead:,:swbradley1:,:patracy:,:recovry4x4:,:73m819:and :papabear: you'd bray like a jacka$$ too.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, we are 62 days out. I hope everyone is doing better than I am at getting prepared. Much work to do on truck and packing not only for the rally, but moving some stuff up to my retirement home. Get stuff done folks. Save cash folks. Check swap thread folks. Load trailers folks. Remember, even the most financially embarrassed person can survive at this rally as long as they don't mind rolling up the sleeves and getting involved. Now is the time to get engaged.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spectator fee is $5/day for the first day and $15 or $20/day for primitive tent camping, same as last year.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spectator fee is $5/day for the first day and $15 or $20/day for primitive tent camping, same as last year.
Let me add that these are fees imposed by Durhamtown. The rally itself continues to be the best value east and west of the Mississippi.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those that saw Z's post I am working to see what I can do to resolve the issue. It happened during my watch.

For those that didn't see the post, show up to the rally and ask me about it. Heck, for those that saw the post show up to the rally and ask me about it.

:)

sandcobra164

Trying to get a group together from SW Georgia. So far we have 4 Deuces, a camper trailer, a new dodge pulling a gooseneck with a CUCV and a side by side. PB never told me how much go's into getting a group together but we will all have a sit down meeting soon. For all who voted Sarge into Victory in May, he will be there at the Rally in October!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those of you who are keeping score, Heinz has 57 variety's and we have 57 days left. Get your ducks in a row folks, time is speeding by.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks