• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official '15 Ga. Rally Info thread

zout

CUCV - self survival mode is the way you need to come for however long your going to be there. If no one was there what would it take to survive to go to the most awesome off road trails in the US. Top it off to being MV's there and go where no one else dares and take videos of it.
Where can you find the biggest rattle snakes on the off road trails to make the trip more exilerating than you could expect - do not break down out there cause you have to walk back where you just passed them.

Mikes MKT tops it all off after a hard day on the trails and time spent walking around the vendors area you have them all memorized of what is where and who has what - then you get to help others looking for stuff - HEY DUD - ITS OVER THERE AND HE HAS IT.

Sit around the campfire - spend time walking from camp area to camp area and see who is who and the folks you never want to meet again :naner:.

It will feel like you have dropped off the end of the earth come the final night and leave everyone behind as your forced to head home and look forward to the next RALLY to see all those knuckleheads again.

Whiterabbit

The area is rural, not much of anything in the local AO. Get your fuel and drinks near the innerstate or prepare to pay out the butt at the local spots. The MKT will keep you feed but bring munchies and there's probably enough parts in the vendor area to build a truck from scratch. Showers are just down the road and they have ice in the main bld.
If you go on trail rides bring munchies and cold sodas!

Blythewoodjoe

Is there a thread on radio communications yet? I am not a radio expert but I have a 2 meter/440 radio and I would like to know if it would be advantageous to mount it in the 5 ton.

Yesterday I got thinking (I know that tends to get me in trouble at times) Houres (not spelled right) a rally vender pasted away just after last years rally, he had been a supporter of the rally since about the first one, when not a lot of people showed, where he may have not even broke even, He was a friend to a lot of us, always had something we needed (he would say" I have something YOU need" and no chit we did need it, How about showing our apparition for his support by setting up a empty vender space and a sign with his name, sorta like a missing man formation, only a missing vender.
Just a idea.
Mike as you know you were a big part in me getting my 816 up and running aand fully functional . I think you have a very good idea as Horace was a very good friend and a very good vendor. He will be missed but never forgotten . I fully support this idea .

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a thread on radio communications yet? I am not a radio expert but I have a 2 meter/440 radio and I would like to know if it would be advantageous to mount it in the 5 ton.
Joe, I'll have the Baofeng hooked to a mag mount antenna sitting on the front hood of my deuce. Most of the civilian radios are not going to be 24v so you need to figure the power part in your equation. I'll be running on the HT battery coming in.

joeM62

This time I will bring more, I learned my lesson from the last one and might see about getting a trailer I almost ran out of room

Last edited:

RAYZER

I don't think this has been asked yet.
Does the date change put us into hunting season,if so,will we still have access to all riding trails?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I don't think this has been asked yet.
Does the date change put us into hunting season,if so,will we still have access to all riding trails?
No. The deer hunting opening season is the third weekend, we're the fourth weekend, so we will have total access to the trails, night and day, such as in previous years.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
What is the charge for primitive camping at the site, I looked but could not find the answer, this does NOT mean the answer has not been posted, I just can not find it,

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call Durhamtown and ask Ron. It changed the day I got there last year so it is no guarantee what they tell you will be correct.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, that's why it would be a good idea to call them every hour. Just to be safe.

;-)

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve I thought you liked D town. Why for the love of God would you sick a groucy old man on them lol

Love ya Ron
Devil made me do it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks