• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

poppop

Tigger, all you have to do is show up and be calm, tell it the way it happened and stay cool. Don't show anger and just state the facts. Those kids are there to back you up, but you can be one more example to them. Show them how a real man handles what happened to you. You did the right thing at the moment and you will do great at the hearing. It was an honor to meet you and shake your hand at the Rally.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Not relay angry just a little nervous, Have to meet with the DA. later today, i don't trust them people even though he will be on my side. My safety Dir. is meeting me in Dallas TX. to go with me so that makes me feel better, I have always gotten along vary well with her. She isn't too hard on the eyes ether! lol The defense dept. is having someone there for me if i need advise on legal matters. The way i understand it we will be in a closed court room with all party's and we are giving statements as to what happen. ALL i relay remember is the bus pulling in front of me and swerving to the right and the truck going over, then i woke up in the ER. They said they might bring up my driving record but it has been spotless for 13 years so i don't know what they can bring up. last time i got in trouble was last year i got a jay walking ticket in Va. at the Navy port in Norfolk. I get to fly in a privet jet from Dallas to OK. that will be a first. Oh well wish me luck. I have 2 hour drive to Dallas and park the truck then wait on them to come pick me up. May be a day or two before i can get back on here I don't know how long this is going to take, but I'm getting paid for it! Oh my safety Dir said she had a surprise for me, that kinda worries me she has a warped sense of humor!

zout

You will do absolutely fine Tigger.
Your recall memory is in the front of your brain - you can tell this when people tell stories of what happened to them - their eyes kind of glance upwards just like they are viewing a video replay of it all - just don;t act like your sleeping - just close your eyes and tell the story.

Most people don;t realize there 3 kinds of truths and that is why the judge tell you to:
tell the truth
tell the Whole truth
tell NOTHING BUT THE TRUth

You have a tremendous amount of folks on your side - glad I had the opportunity to meet you at the rally.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tigger,

Best advice is tell the truth (obviously) and just give the facts. Evidence and the facts are just that. Don't make emotional responses.

Works for me when I have to testify.

Good luck and good job.

sw

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Things went well today . got to meet all the kids that were on the bus The girls all gave me a hug and the 2 boys shook my hand. got a couple kisses on the cheek, had glitter on the side of my face from the girls. got to shake the hand of the Marine recruiter that saved me from bleeding to death. I guess they are going to do a plea deal but the judge wanted to hear everything before he made a dec. on accepting it or not. My surprise that my boss told me about. the family's of the kids all pitched in and gave me a $800 visa gift card. and they made me the 9th grade class trucker Buddy. The parents got to see the video of the crash for the first time, there was a lot of gasps at how close i came to the back corner of the bus. I gave my testimony this morning and then the judge addressed the kids and made sure they understood everything. have to go back tomorrow to finish the kids testimony and then i think were done. Boy genius is on probation for drunk driving and was only supposed to be driving to and from work. they said he will serve time but how much is not decided yet. The family's are taking my boss and I out to dinner tonight. things wernt as bad as i thought it would be, the judge was vary nice and explained everything. The one little girl was adorable, she told the DA. that he should take off his belt and give the guy a good tanning.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Just got back from dinner Had a great time, the girls are funny and i don't know how but i have glitter all over me Got a couple hugs and now i have glitter all over me. Is this a new thing with teen girls all the glitter. Looking forward to next years rally. Oh and one of the girls was more than happy to tell me that the one girl wet her self when the truck went by the bus. I didn't have to ask witch one, she was staring a hole thru the girls head.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The one little girl was adorable, she told the DA. that he should take off his belt and give the guy a good tanning.
From the mouths of babes........idiots like that guy is the reason they should bring back public flogging. Maybe 50 lashes with a cat'o nine tails would give him some new insight as to the error of his ways.

If they give him prison time I hope he gets a cellmate that will give him all the love he deserves.

Things went well today . got to meet all the kids that were on the bus The girls all gave me a hug and the 2 boys shook my hand. got a couple kisses on the cheek, had glitter on the side of my face from the girls.
The glitter brings up an old and very funny memory. A friend of mine was playing with his little girl when she was about 8 or so and they were doing pictures with glue and glitter when nature called him. He went to the restroom, did #1, washed his hands, and came back to the living room to finish the pics and clean up the glitter and glue. About an hour later, his girlfriend came home and wanted to play adult games. They went to the bedroom and all was well until she looked down. She then jumped up and started yelling "alright, who is she and what kind of kinky crap were you guys doing with glitter?" It took him about 10 minutes of explaining before she was convinced the "other woman" was his daughter and they were only making pictures with the glitter. This is one reason to never play with glitter when you need to go #1. We gave him the nickname "Glitterman" after that.

I hope the defendant in your case is made to pay dearly for his poor choices.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to hear all went well Tigger!!!! As I told you at the rally, being a parent myself, I am glad that there are heroes like you out there. And if someone without your fast reflexes and selfless thoughts had been involved and the unthinkable had occured, they wouldn't have to worry about taking the driver of that bus to court...he'd never make it.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
We are on break till 1430 while the judge thinks things over and talkes to the lyers and the DA. My safety dir said he will get jail time for violating his probation but the judge can add time for the bus thing. its just wait and see for now. the bus company plead out to a large fine and the supivised was fired for letting the guy drive. there insurance will be covering the cost of the truck , trailer and my medical bills and missed time for work. and i will be getting some money to not to persue it any further. im not alowed to say how much per the agreament, but i will be able to have a vary nice christmas this year.:beer:

mckeeranger

What a great thread hijack, huh?

The one question that I don't remember seeing here is: What about the transportation manager that let someone with a DUI and restricted license drive a school bus? Is he/she still employed?

The rules are clear: If you drive a school bus in any state, you will have a CDL with a passenger endorsement and a school bus endorsement.

That means he had to report to his employer, within 30 days, his DUI and driving restriction. If he reported it, someone's head needs to roll. If he didn't report it, then he should be in even more trouble, if that's possible.

Even if he didn't report it, someone had to know. DUI convictions are a matter of public record, and the skuttlebutt usually gets around pretty quick.

Tigger; as I said at the GA Rally, you did well.

NEVER MIND :-|

Last edited:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I did ask Clinto and he said it would be OK!
The Judge was not happy with the plea deal and wanted it revised so thats all i know for now. He is getting 3 years for violating his probation. but the rest of it they wanted to give him a year on his current probation and the judge said no to that. He said it didn't work the first time and he wanted to see some time with it. So when i hear anything ill let you know. I don't know how all this court stuff works so I just know what they are telling me.

Is it time for the 2011 rally yet!!!!!!!!!!!:jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks