• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW Lloyd, I'm glad you are OK. That could have ended very badly!

This seems to be the year for tire troubles and the GA rally. First a member (sorry, I don't remember his user ID) had broken wheel studs on his 109 in KY. We thought it was a bad bearing from the description at first, but found out later it was the studs. Then Ron tries to take his M819 offroading unexpectedly at 60 MPH. Thank goodness he is OK. And now you have this happen.

I'm glad you're OK.

citizensoldier

Wow Lloyd! Glad your ok and he was not a law man trying to give you trouble. Order two new tires and maybe a new set of Fruit of the Looms! lol..:D Good thing it was a 5 ton in front the M109 might have won that battle with another deuce in front and no power steering.. Glad your home safe and I really wish I could have made it down.. Missed another one...:-(

Last edited:

citizensoldier

I have been forwarding this GA rally post to my ODD Yankee friends.. We have some changes in the works for our Fall trail ride so it should not conflict with the GA rally next year. Freeing us up so we just might make the trip. I need to talk my trucker friend into buying a over the road tractor and trailer so we can just load up some M37's and CUCV's and come down. I don't think I could survive a trip that far in a deuce or 5 ton ! You would have to plant me in that red clay after the Rally!

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OH boy, from the looks of it that will NOT interfere with my scheduled hunting trip...looks like another trip to GA might be in my future. I'll have to look at schedules since I only have enough vacation for the hunting trip. Maybe I can make it down for a day or two on a "weekend" off.

Monica

If it dont SHOOT BACK, it AINT HUNTEN, so come on back down
Besides, Gimpy proved that the deer are all sorts of antsy to commit suicide on the side end of a MV, rather than face hunters....

Though next year, he needs to take Bambi recovery straps to load it!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was my hardest laugh of the whole rally watching Gimpster and Doghead trying to sling that deer in the back of the goosechase truck. The next morning as Mike and I were headed to the lodge, we did find a deer cleaning station. Seems that the Durhamtown crew has thought of everything.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I left the rally sometime around 10:00 PM Saturday night and drove the Deuce home in the dark. The 130 mile trip back was uneventful, but my luck changed Sunday evening at dusk. While unloading 5 deuce wheels and mounted tires I picked up at the rally, I had an accident. I was using my John Deere 5520 with a fork attachment to move the tires/wheels from the Deuce to my 105 trailer for temporary storage. While standing on the forks with one wheel, the forks shifted. I slipped and fell about five feet and landed on my back. The wheel also fell off, bounced once, and landed on top of me. I was knocked out around 15 minutes. I've been out of commission since with a very sore back and severe headaches. Serves me right for trying to do the job under poor conditions.

Fantastick Rally!

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gary,

It was a pleasure meeting you, and I am truly sorry to hear about your accident. Take it easy and get better. As Lloyd said, see a Dr. about the headaches. We want you healthy and active for the rally next year.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gary,

It was a pleasure meeting you, and I am truly sorry to hear about your accident. Take it easy and get better. As Lloyd said, see a Dr. about the headaches. We want you healthy and active for the rally next year.
I enjoyed talking with you as well. I love GenSets and could talk about them all day. I hope your trip back to Ohio went well. See you next year.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Guys,

I have 8 of the 2010 Ga Rally t-shirts left over that Papabear and the CAMO crew made for us. I only have Large, all other sizes sold out.

They are $15, + shipping. I am going to estimate shipping will be $4 to most US members.

100% of the proceeds, minus shipping, will go into the food fund for next year. We sold enough shirts at the rally for Papabear to break even and the rally to make a little money. So these last 8 shirts are 100% profit, which will all go towards food next year.

First come, first serve basis, please PM for me payment and shipping details.

Please buy these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: I think I just sold the last one to CitizenSoldier-you guys hold off on sending me any pm's-if a buyer backs out and more shirts become available, I will post an update. Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I will be flying to OK. tomorrow have to be in court Thurs morning to give my testimony about the wreck. was told by my supervise that all the kids from the bus will be there too. will get to see the SOB that was driving the bus for the first time. I'm a little nervous but i think i will be OK. My supervisor said he is being brought up on i think it was 15 charges. Ill let you all know what happen.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep that composure Tigger. It's real hard to be straight in court but it's the one place you need to be. BTW, it was a pleasure to meet you at the rally and thanks for the uber help at the MKT.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks