• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

davidkroberts

well as far as the convoy goes ill be coming down highway 70 straight across Tennessee then heading down toward Macon. I have no idea what ill be bringing though. :mrgreen:

RAYZER

I'll be heading over (in da Deuce)to the wildwood area and i75 from the sanford area on wed morning early ,maybe 17-92 to hwy 40 to i 75 or something like that, i'll nail down the details when this gets a little closer,but i defenetly want to meet up with the convoy!

:driver:

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
14.5R20 tires. I have 6 that need a home. I need to look closer but they seem to be around 50% tread. Your hands get really black when handling them so they appear to have suffered some UV damage. Can deliver, what do you have to trade? M105 racks, I have a set, wood is pretty dry but probably savable. Anyone need them? I need 6 metal trailer bows. STE/ICE complete and in great shape with TM available as well. Also have a deuce winch kit sans drive shaft (have gasser shaft) and one set of LDS pistons/liners new in the box. All can be delivered to the GA Rally (obviously), none will be brought without a buyer.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The menu, along with prices has been posted on the original post (post #1) in this thread. :D

You guys make sure to tell Mike and Wreckerman how much you want french toast!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Here possum, possum, possum.......come to ole' Wrecker.......good possum...........I got a nice warm place for you to sleep
tonight...with some sweet taters to keep you company........just relax...this won't hurt a bit.

GoldComet6

Here possum, possum, possum.......come to ole' Wrecker.......good possum...........I got a nice warm place for you to sleep
tonight...with some sweet taters to keep you company........just relax...this won't hurt a bit.
Which is the best to have with possum - red wine or white wine? I just want to be prepared.......

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Yum yum....I saw chilliemac on the menu!!!!!!!!:-D

OH...and I'm supposed to say I like toast that comes from the country that Paris (not hilton) is in....per Clinto.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I plan on being there this year for the full time as long as I can keep the wife from getting swine flu again.

Current intent is to arrive Wednesday night and assist with set up.

I withhold what I want/plan to bring to support the site and sell until we get closer.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ok, so I just got an email and we have a minor problem. Here is the email, verbatim from the owner of Durhamtown:

Hey Clint

I have a problem with the date for the rally this year

it is opening weekend of deer season and it is causing a ruckus

it was last year as well and it upset a few of them

this year I have more members and will be more of an issue

if you can move the event back 2 weeks they will have no problem it will be during bow season

and only 2-5 bow hunters

some of these guys like to hunt all day the first few hunts of the season

we hare moving the jeep park back across on this side of the river behind the church

you guys will also have all day to play in that area just not as many miles but more technical

if the date changes you can have both places

if we can make this work I will sure appreciate it

thanks mike

Ok, in the email Mike references there being 2 area for offroading at the park. The park where we have always gone (right down the road from the campsite) is apparently going to be not used anymore becuase the County where it resides wants $65K in additional taxes. People on the Durhamtown mailing list received this email a couple of weeks ago (again, verbatim):

NEW TRUCK PARK

We will be moving the 4x4 Off Road Park to this side of the river down behind the Church. We have some really long, steep hills and rocky soils in this area with deeper ditches and reveens. We can do
more enhancing than we currently can in the parks present location.
Taliaferro County wants $65,000 in extra taxes to ride over there so, this is why we are moving it.... Construction will begin this week.

So I had anticpated the offroading aspect to be in a different area this year and didn't consider this an issue. In fact, in 2008 we were taken to this area the first day we went out riding. We didn't go to this area in 2009.

But now, Mike is asking us to move the date back 2 weeks, which I am loath to do for a multitude of reasons. The major part is that many people have already requested vacation time off and would face some difficulty with managers who aren't very flexible and the second is that the 3rd or 4th weekend in October is about the earliest we can run the rally without fears of hot weather during the day. We do this weather at the end of October so it will be nice and cool.

In return for us moving the date back, Mike will give us access to an area we wouldn't have access to otherwise. This is his carrot.

So what's the opinion?

Last edited:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Good news, the website is now online and running!

Welcome To The SSRG Page!

This message being posted from within the site.
Also, I want to think Ithi for building us a website for the Ga. Rally!

Since all of us are SS members, the site really isn't intended for us, it's so that when we're at rallies and events, if we meet someone and want to tell them about the rally, we don't have to go through the work of explaining what SS is to them, telling them where to look for the thread, etc. You can just give them the website (Welcome To The SSRG Page!) and that will get them what they need and eventually bring them back here!

So check it out.

Blythewoodjoe

I for one would not be affected by moving the date, but I think most people would be out of luck. I think moving the date would be very bad for most people. So the question is, how will this effect the riding? I for one haven't did a lot of riding. I attend for the social benefits. I think we should determine what riding will be available on the scheduled weekend and see how that will please all the riders. Let's face it, Gimpy can roll a truck in the camp site with enough effort :p no need for bad trails.

Another thought, many of use have booked lodging there. I'm sure they would not have a problem refunding money, but I would expect most of the cabins on the other date are taken. Moving dates this late is always a problem. I'm sure as we think about it, more problems will come up.

Is there a location near by that would provide extra convoy and dirt road driving for us. Muddy trails are nice, but I find that just getting out and convoying off the main roads is fun too.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am of the same opinion as Joe. I love the trail rides but it's not the most important aspect of the event. I don't know if I can change my dates off from work or not. How does our presence affect the hunting crowd? Do they hunt in the area we ride or are they hunting where we congregate? If we can keep the date and trail ride a different area, I'm all for that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks