• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Blythewoodjoe

Blythewoodjoe, my toes are tough. Lets keep in touch because my grits are still growing in the field. We are getting our first good rain in three weeks as I am typing this. That should assure grits for the Rally but it never hurts to have a back-up plan.
I will bring a few bags one way or another. Can you have too many grits? How about meal? Can the kitchen make corn bread?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Can the kitchen make corn bread?
Does a cat have a climbing gear???

Does the untamed bruin defecate in the wiilderness???

I am bringing several cast iron skillets to make real cornbread. It will be made with bacon grease from the breakfast bacon so bring your Lipitor.

There is no such thing as sweet cornbread.....there is yellow corn meal cake disguised as cornbread and there is a faint likeness of cornbread that is made in a sheetpan or cake tin.

Real cornbread is made with grease, in a skillet and has a nice brown crust on it.....there is nothing else like it...especially when eaten with fresh peas, turnip or collard greans or any kind of bean (pinto, great Northern, white beans....etc).

The first solid food I ate (according to family lore) was pea juice and cornbread mashed up and spoon fed to me by my Grandpa.

Good cornbread will make your lips beat your brains out to get to it.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Is there a place we can post to develop convoys? I really would like to travel with / hook onto a group traveling through North Alabama.
For now, I would simply add in your post on this thread where you are leaving from and roughly when you plan on leaving what what route you are thinking of taking.

If it becomes enough that we need to create an entirely separate convoy/travel ops thread, I will create it and move the posts over.

C

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I was told that it wouldn't be a problem but some of you that have been to the park see any problem with me getting my semi in the park 13 ft 6 in high and 83 ft long. I'm hoping to bobtail in but there is a chance i will have a trailer with me. I'm going to do the tent thing so ill just pitch it by my truck or where ever i need to. looking forward to meeting all the wonderful folks on here.

Last edited:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I was told that it wouldn't be a problem but some of you that have been to the park see any problem with me getting my semi in the park ft 6 in high and 83 ft long. I'm hoping to bobtail in but there is a chance i will have a trailer with me. I'm going to do the tent thing so ill just pitch it by my truck or where ever i need to. looking forward to meeting all the wonderful folks on here.
You should not have any issue-I do not remember any low hanging trees that would impede your access to the camp and there is certainly no problem when it comes to length, so bring it on.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If worse comes to worse, right outside the fenced coumpound we are in would work. Many shopvans have been in the back and they go close to 12' I think.

airmech3839

I had the privalage to talk to a WWII vet at our church... He used to drive for Patton!!! He has a insite into this man of war... He is also a very talkative man but is full of information... I am gonna try and see if I can get him to visit us at the rally and maybe sit down and talk to the troops!! I will post what happens.. Clinto is there any day/night that would be better for a visit from him, if I can arrange it?

Last edited:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I had the privalage to talk to a WWII vet at our church... He used to drive for Patton!!! He has a insit into this man of war... He is also a very talkative man but is full of information... I am gonna try and see if I can get him to visit us at the rally and maybe sit down and talk to the troops!! I will post what happens.. Clinto is there any day/night that would be better for a visit from him, if I can arrange it?
Definitely Friday or Saturday......... and I am going to guess the evening would be more applicable. The days can get pretty hectic with food, loading and unloading parts, trail rides, etc.

The evenings are more relaxed with chow and the campfire. That would probably the most appropriate time.

SixSpeed

Banned
Leaving from Tampa area ~Wednesday, headed north I275 to I75 to Macon, GA then over to the Rally.

Sweet, we can earn a convoy thread! Alllllright Florida People...JamesM, Recovry4x4, PCTrans, Rayzer, CessnaTwin, where you guys at?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Leaving from Tampa area ~Wednesday, headed north I275 to I75 to Macon, GA then over to the Rally.

Sweet, we can earn a convoy thread! Alllllright Florida People...JamesM, Recovry4x4, PCTrans, Rayzer, CessnaTwin, where you guys at?
Refer to posts 21 and 23. Phil, Rick & I are on a similar schedule. I need to be there before dark if possible.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The evenings are more relaxed with chow and the campfire. That would probably the most appropriate time.

Friday is steak night if I run over a cow on the way to the rally.
If he can make it to the rally chow is on the house.
He is living military history and I would be proud to meet him.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I know I have asked this every year,but,are we going to have a specific day at the rifile/pistol range this year?
It's one of those things we've always talked about doing but never been able to make the time.

Maybe one morning, 9-10ish before the trailrides.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks