• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave, you can park right next to me and partake in the 'deck'. I bet we could park 4 109s against the trailer and have a humdinger of a deck!

Kenny, I'll bring the wheels, I won't forget.

Last edited:

zout

Adam - put up my 2 led lighted Palm Trees on each end of the trailer at night and watch PB do his clogging dance :).

You make it too comfy and I will just make a permenant residence out of the place.
It will make it easier to roll my big bottles of Crown out of the rear of the truck without having to lift them down.

If I had a place to bring along the dozen or so plastic lawn chairs w/arms I would - I do have a good supply of fold outs that will be coming along with a table and our side awning for shade.
This will give PB a place to park his kart.

I do have the soft top framework if anyone is interested in this - as I have the hardtop now - soft top is gone though - just the framework.

phil2968

I will try and kidnap the wife but if she says she doesnt want to go I wont push her... How many other wives/girlfriends usually show up? I have 2 little girls too...and 2 boys...and 2 dogs... only one likes the truck...
I am bringing my wife and 2 boys, ages 2 and 4.
A lot of wives/girlfriends attended last years rally.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I didn't mean to imply that we are short of space....as Clinto pointed out there is plenty but my thought was a little more organization when checking people in and keeping track of vehicles and attendees....that way we can make sure we are growing.

I will be bringing my laptop and a printer for admin purposes.

If anyone else is bringing one and has an aircard (and can get a signal) we can broadcast live from the "front".

As far as the "dress right dress" that is the military in me......it is strictly voluntary and folks can set up as they see fit.

I would like to see a flag pole and Old Glory and the MIA flag displayed......state flags are encouraged so we can see where folks are from. If you have a portable pole please bring it.

The MKT will prob be close to where it was last year for easy access to water and power.
We will try to have a tent or my inflatable shelter adjacent to it for sit down dining out of the elements.

Papa Bear and Camo have dibs on the highground next to the Mess area if they want it...that is where they were in 2008. They will prob have several vehicles and a large party.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OH....and this time i will get pics of Chester with gravy all over his face and ears when he comes to visit the CAMO AO for breakfast!!!!:D

SixSpeed

Banned
I have a Verizon Mobile Broadband/Air Card (5GB/Month) if we can put it to good use. Not sure what the coverage is like out there, anyone know?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have a Verizon Mobile Broadband/Air Card (5GB/Month) if we can put it to good use. Not sure what the coverage is like out there, anyone know?

My Sprint service way waaay spotty. I wouldn't call it reliable at all.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't recall any issues with my Verizon phone service but then again, I don't recall lunch yesterday. Last year, the plantation WiFi was down as well. They reported having issues with it from the time it was installed. Hopefully they have had a year to work out the bugs. I would doubt that the service would reach back to the back 40 that we will occupy. In 2008 the only WiFi was at the lodge. Our cabin was close enough that I got service out on the front stoop. I was posting pics in the Multimedia thread on the Saturday of the rally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks