• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
I'd like to see folks mark their vehicle with their screen name. Makes the pics much easier to identify with. White shoe polish on the glass is great or get more creative.
I think everybody knows mine:p its kinda hard to forget, heck even wm said its growing on him. Anyways, the wife and i will be there again this year for sure, hopefully with the m109 camper in tow, and what parts i have left. she will be driving her own soft top deuce W/W this year(if the EUC ever clears). i've been stacking wood since i got back from last years rally, will try to bring the tables and chairs i brought last year. we will probably leave wednesday sometime, if anybody is coming through warner robins/macon area and you want to meet up i can adjust my schedule.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haspin is BETTER!
He'll never know, he's too chicken to go! :p

WM- if no one has a buffalo, I have a 275gallon tote that is potable water ready, we used it at Haspin last year.

I'll be in the m109 with possibly the xm818 and a civy jeep. If I need to bring the tote, I will have the m105 too.

I still have 2 NOS m35 heater kits. Also have new pioneer tool racks, and a 24v to 12v lighting adapter (if I don't sell all this stuff before then.)

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think everybody knows mine:p its kinda hard to forget, heck even wm said its growing on him. Anyways, the wife and i will be there again this year for sure, hopefully with the m109 camper in tow, and what parts i have left. she will be driving her own soft top deuce W/W this year(if the EUC ever clears). i've been stacking wood since i got back from last years rally, will try to bring the tables and chairs i brought last year. we will probably leave wednesday sometime, if anybody is coming through warner robins/macon area and you want to meet up i can adjust my schedule.
Traveling with a few deuces and kids makes predicting schedules tough. I'd say we should be passing through your area about 2 to 230 Wed afternoon. Should be myself, Phil, Rick and whoever else we can get to ride with us. I'll have the old M35A2C (which as of 1/2 hour ago, has a winch) towing a pair of M116A3 trailers. Rick and Phil will be in the M109 with a 105 in tow. If you can wait that late, we can certainly hook up. Unless sold before the event, I'll have a set of LDS pistons/sleeves and a 90% complete deuce winch kit.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the goal Jack. Hopefully no feelings will get hurt but as this thread grows, some of the less useful posts are going to get deleted.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
UPDATE: Commo thread updated with communication director being named:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rally/53275-commo-gear-ga-rally.html (see post #25)

Remember to keep all commo related discussion on that thread. Much thanks to SS member tennmogger for taking on this task. Anyone who can assist him, please do so.

:D

This year, we are going to attempt to have 2-5 “detachments” (working title) who will help smoothe out ruffles. Think of them as “Points of Contact” between the Rally Leader and attendees. One who will manage just the trailriding aspect, one who will manage interaction between the rally and Durhamtown, one who will manage rally attendee questions and problems (the guy next to me snores too loud, can I get a better parking spot, can I get some electricity and water over to my truck, etc.). Anyone who wants to volunteer for these jobs can at any time PM me. Please do not be offended if you do not get chosen, as I can find plenty of ways to put you to work.

Also, I am looking to go ahead and name some folks for these tasks. I think I have someone to run the trailrides but I think that person could use an assistant, so he may ask you for help or you may volunteer.

I think the following would be helpful:

Trailride leader: (self explanatory)
Campsite leader: (responsible for getting campers and vendors into their areas, putting fires out, helping with electrical and water issues, etc. This person may have an assistant as well.

If you are interested pm me.

:D :beer:

Last edited:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Another BIG update:

I had sent an email with a link to this thread to Mike, the owner of Durhamtown, to alert him to our status. This morning I received the following email:

Hey Clint,

I read your post on the link you sent. You can get all of your people to contact me for reservations if you like. I know all about the rally. I was here for the last 2. If you need anything you can contact either Mike or myself. We work together on groups and events. If you are serious about letting employees ride, and if I can, I would love to!! Looking forward to October!!

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Lauren Clifton [/FONT]
Durhamtown Plantation
Assistant Operations/ Race Coordinator
durhamtown.com
706-486-4603

So you guys know who to call now! I will update the original post right now. :D

Please make sure to thank Lauren for her assistance.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Since I am on the "Advance Party" I'll get in touch with him ref things we need prior to the main party arriving. I plan to arrive Wed along with a few others.
Those folks are absolutly great to work with.
I really think they enjoy hosting the rally and the vehicles we bring to the plantation.
I also think the other patrons enjoy checking out our MV's....we had a lot of folks visiting the "back fourty" and interacting with our cast of characters.
I would also like to poll the attendees reference a hardball convoy so that folks that don't want to do the trailrides could show off their vehicles.
I am thinking a circular route into the closest town and back to the site late in the evening either Fri or Sat .
Your input and thoughts welcome.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tony,
I expect to be there around noon and get the MKT setup so we can cook supper. Richard will probably be pulling in about the same time, which will be great, since I'm not very good at backing a trailer. Big Case came to the rescue last year, along with some other fine folks that helped setup the MKT. If things work out right, there will be a second truck/MKT (MST) rolling in to take care of the pot and pan washing chores.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The CAMO crew can prolly help out with several tables, chairs, gennys etc.....of course a certain person would expect to be fed chilimac :roll:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope to be there later in the afternoon. Planning to hook up with Phil2968 in the AM hours and head up from there. May be hooking up with MDMorgan at around 2-230 which would put in around 4 to 5 pending stops. Not much help with setting up the MKT but we can do dishes after supper. There may be a few others joining in with our trek from the south.

phil2968

Here is an idea for a hardball convoy, I have been this route and it is a nice drive in the country and a small spin into town and back. Should be able to pull this off in less than 2 hours. Penfield is a really neat little town with no stop signs just a curve but is very scenic. This is just an idea to get us started, feel free to chime in with other routes!

Directions to Randolph Church Rd - Google Maps

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Phil....that looks like an excellent route.
Once we nail down the exact day I will coodinate with the local LEO and tell them our intentions so they won't be surprised when the "milita" parades through.

Tony......I will give you a heads up a few days before I leave and we can convoy over together.....don't know if I will be solo or have somebody else along.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, Clinto and I are working in the shadows on a little project for the rally. If anyone has an M105 they want to donate or work something out on, speak up or PM me. It needn't be pretty or rust free, just needs to be able to make the trip from Clinto's to Union Point and back every fall. Even if it's just an M103A3 chassis, I have an extra box and racks here that I will donate.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, here we go. Kinda stepped into it now...
Hope to have some "planned" rides, differing levels of difficulty, and hopefully some night rides.

Squirt-Truck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks