• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

dc3coyote

I have mentioned this before but I have several complete GP meds and smalls and two of the new DRASH (the two man quick set up style) tents your welcome to use, plus the gen light trailer, amd my 60 gal potable water tank. I am sure there are other things you may want to grab as well while in my garage. I know the Devil man has been wanting some of my Mopp Gear, so it that can make it toward his house I would appreciate that.

zout

I do not know if Dinger65 can attend - but just a forewarning I plan on being there and hopefully get over there Wed and help in whatever way I can - I am great at multitasking.
Bringing my screens for another member here - do not have much more than physical labor to help anyone with.

Figured I would be left in my own circle in the back 40 so it should not be too hard to locate a spot.
Looking forward to going this year :jumpin:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny I have a Gen trailer if that will work let me know
AEC Retired Tony
Tony has stepped up and provided us a trailer for rally use only. While there I will be removing the generator bed and installing an M105 box that I am bringing. for it. Just so folks understand what we are working on here, we are going to try to put together some key ingredients for exclusive use of the GA Rally. Clinto will house this trailer, with the goods, at his house. We will discuss the plans at the rally this year and start collecting the stuff next year. I think our first item on the list will be folding tables. Details at the rally.

MDSA

I'll be there with my 2 teenage boys. The Deuce will probably pull the M353 for the boys' 4-wheelers. Plan to camp in the truck.

I have ammo cans and large .50 cal gun cases/job boxes/coffins to bring for sale.

I have sawhorses and 2X4's and chairs. Will try to find some plywood .

Who's bringing the lace tablecloths??

Neil, we'll meet up with you at Brandon's Thursday morning.

Really looking forward to this.

Last edited:

airmech3839

If I can get a 105 trailer between now and then I have a bunch of sweetgum and pine and some oak that is well seasoned and maybe some fresh stuiff too that I can bring...

Asked the wife if she wanted to go and she scoffed and said why would I want to go camping with a bunch of people I dont know!!.... I laughed and said well then I guess your staying home then!!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Asked the wife if she wanted to go and she scoffed and said why would I want to go camping with a bunch of people I dont know!!.... I laughed and said well then I guess your staying home then!!
We'll definitely take all the firewood we can get-I asked the guys to be conservative last year, as we ran out in 2008.

We ended up with some extra and Gimpy made a point to warn me that this year "we weren't going to run out".

Also, we are a friendly group. Kidnap your significant other and she will make new friends. :D

AMGeneral

I think I can scrape up 2 3 x 6 ft tables and I will be bringing my BIG compressor(80 gal tank) 1 in drive gun and my entire toolbox attached to the M172A1 trailer.

It has been mentioned several times in past years about having a few informal "Tech sessions" or classes on various topics( IP timing,safe winch operation,PM services,etc) any takers/instructors wanna follow through with it?

Anyone have a major project they may wanna tackle at the rally?( engine swap,trans,clutch)?

Oh,I am planning to have the 915A1 and the lowboy so I can bring all this stuff,I know Papabear will probably have at least 1 tractor trailer,are we gonna have room?

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Oh,I am planning to have the 915A1 and the lowboy so I can bring all this stuff,I know Papabear will probably have at least 1 tractor trailer,are we gonna have room?
One of the reasons I am going early is to try to be more proactive in laying out the area for the MKT, HQ van trailer and vendor spaces.

If we can get our hosts to bushhog the area I am going to try to have a master plan and as people pull in we can direct them to a space they have reserved or can fit into.

Since we are encouraging professional vendors they will get prime real estate but everyone will be fitted in according to your needs.

At some point in time I may ask attendees to send me a square footage guesstimate of how much room you will need. Folks who attended previously and remember the layout can ask for a favorite spot.

Figure your vehicle size, including trailers, and how much extra space you will need for your trade goods and tentage if you have any.

If we are going to have a "training exercise" or classes we will set aside sufficient space for them.

Since I have some experience at being in "Quartering Parties" in the Army we may experiment with a more formal "dress right dress" theme.

Any ideas from the "peanut gallery" will be examined by a jaded eye and appropriated as my own if they have merit.:idea:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I am planning to have the 915A1 and the lowboy so I can bring all this stuff,I know Papabear will probably have at least 1 tractor trailer,are we gonna have room?[/quote]

We will not get in the way....even if we bring two T/T's. We can park the non-MV rigs wherever we need to.
Also....CAMO can bring several tables, chairs and some gennys or whatever.

So it is written...so it shall be done

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
One of the reasons I am going early is to try to be more proactive in laying out the area for the MKT, HQ van trailer and vendor spaces.
I've already started working on this-see image below.

The field that we have is a lot bigger than we realize. The last couple of years, we've all stayed to stay near the campfire, but there is a lot more room in the bottom parts of the field (past the campfire and towards the gun range).

I have a satellite image of the field and I am working on laying it out and will publish it once I have it done.

I would like to give the vendors a sweet area, but if only 1-2 vendors show up I don't want them to feel like they are by themselves.

I also plan on offering shopvan owners (M109/M185) their own "M109 row".

I will touch base with you on this soon.

I would like to stress this point-we are not in any way pressed for room. If you have a tractor trailer, several trucks, a huge campsite, whatever-we can accommodate you. We aren't in any way short of space.

Attachments

airmech3839

I will try and kidnap the wife but if she says she doesnt want to go I wont push her... How many other wives/girlfriends usually show up? I have 2 little girls too...and 2 boys...and 2 dogs... only one likes the truck...

zout

Awesome Clinto

I do not think they will let me in the "circle".
As it will be school time again I would have liked to bring the 4 grandsons along and let them partake in the gathering.

My wife will most likely come with me.

Feeling the excitement growing - thumbs up on all those involved in putting this together [thumbzup]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No way my wife will come. I honor her choice. Won't be able to bring my kids either, school takes precedence over everything. The event is kid and spouse freindly though. Adam, if you don't mind, can you bring the wheels (hope you got them) and that rusty old PTO please? Also, to all concerned, the M103A3 Genset trailer Tony is donating has bows. Please let me know if anyone has a source for 103 covers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks