• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

phil2968

There is a store on site that has ice. And some stores near by also, should not be a problem. Lots of beer to keep cold Pete? It should be in the high 40's at night!

You plan on needing to keep a body on ice? Come on Pete, why you need all the ice? Beer?:lol:

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you MUST know, it's to keep my "mountain water" chilled! All this tradin', swappin', buying, selling, and trail-riding is bound to make a man thirsty!!!

zout

IF the container for the mountain water starts to "sweat" - handle with caution. Just bring it over to us - we are professionals and know how to handle it.

NEWS FLASH seams Gimpy is in kahoots with Wreackerman and is stock pilling road kill he killed bambi tonight on his way home from my LZ then was laughing about the poor sap behind him tail gaiting the m332 murder wagon if it has any dents Tim its Gimpy's fault it was straight as arrow when he left here. So if you chili taste's funny this year its Gimpy's special road kill deer chili brought to you by down home deer.

DOC OUT
:grd:

Last edited:

poppop

Plenty of ice on site. Mike is a great guy, came out and visited with us on the first Rally. Also on the second. Some guys were throwing things in the fire making light and booms. Mike went back to headquarters and came back with a surprize. There was a noise in the darkness, whats that, I can't here you!!! Those that were there remember it well.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
OK, listen up.

1. I have not had the time to add the "M109 row" to the map of our field, but it will be at the lower treeline. Once you come in to the field, if you turn 90° to the right and head South until you hit the treeline, you're there. I did this because a bunch of M109 guys thought it would be neat to park together. It is NOT mandatory. You may still park wherever you please.

2. I will be there Wednesday morning to make sure the various areas get set up properly (MKT/Vendor areas).

3. Leftover 2008 rally t-shirts will be given away for free on a first come first serve basis. I am cutting my losses on them. Various sizes left, virtually no XXXL's.

4. Regarding the vendor area-you have a choice. If you are camping, you may keep your camp/truck/trailer in the vendor area (we made the area as large as it is intentionally) or you may simply set up your stuff for sale in the area and then put your camp/truck/trailer in the camping area. Whichever you prefer. All I ask is that you guys as you grab your "area" within the vendor section, you leave enough room for trucks to get in and out.

5. This year is going to RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

zout

Clinto - Dinger65 wil be making it Fri night - can I tape off an area around the 109 area for him to save it - there is a reason behind this request.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Clinto - Dinger65 wil be making it Fri night - can I tape off an area around the 109 area for him to save it - there is a reason behind this request.
Sure.

And that actually goes for everyone-if you want your buddy next to you in the camping area and he is getting there after you are..... you can mark off a spot for him. Just please make sure your markings are CLEAR to anyone who might pull up.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i been keeping up from nashville all the new news for the rally.. i wont have a chance anymore to check in.. lets all have a safe drive and get there is one peice. lets have the best time that we can make of it[thumbzup]:grd::-D

Blythewoodjoe

I just had a crazy thought. Why don't all of us MVPA guys bring a copy of Army motors and pose for a "group" shot reading it. It might make a good "where in the world" entry.

Regardless, I will bring my latest issue to actually read while I'm sitting around.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Attention!

Lauren Clifton, the Operations Director from Durhamtown sent me the following email:

I still have cabins on hold for your group. I will be releasing all of them tomorrow unless they call to reserve them. Will you please post that on your forum? I just don't want to give them away if your group needs them.

So if you want a cabin and have NOT already reserved one, call her NOW! @ 706.486.4603

If you have already reserved it, you are good to go.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Golly gee whizzaroo am I confused!!!:?::?: (Granted...it don't take much)rofl

Two or three weeks ago I went on their site and attempted to reserve a cabin and it said none were available!!!:!:
That's when I posted on one of the Rally threads and Phil stepped up and offered his...which I gratefully accepted:smile:

Maybe I just need to lay off the "hooch water" for awhilefat lady sings

zout

See what happens to you PB when you get some good stuff instead of that old antifreeze mixture ya been drinkin - I will be sure I have some of the lesser potent stuff

Just a side note here as we all head into the GA Rally
:beer: awesome job on the information pages here and also for the pe-set up of the rally and details so WE can have a fantastic time over there - BIG THUMBS up guys and gals :beer: also to the MKT personnel so see that all are fed. There is so much that goes on behind the scene to be thankful for.
DurhamTown is not going nowhere and it is not a moving object - ya all have a safe trip coming over (down) (up). Drive safely we want to see ya all there.