• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Richard, While gas is simple to use I would prefer not setting the AO on fire.
Mike, Sounds too complex to use.

;-)

The little nodules that CARNAC had last year seemed to work well and all for picking some up on the drive down to help out.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Richard, While gas is simple to use I would prefer not setting the AO on fire.
Mike, Sounds too complex to use.
The little nodules that CARNAC had last year seemed to work well and all for picking some up on the drive down to help out.
Besides,,,gas prolly costs more than the ant killer!:lol:

zout

I dunno PB - I was planning on bringing some nuclear waste stuff lingering around here and giving your LZ down there a blasting of it before you came to kill off the little buggers.

Just think - it will GLOW at night so you can find your way back to the pad.

poppop

If you want to try the orethene I probably have some here on the farm that I can bring. I also have something I spray on my yard that keeps them gone for a year. I don't know how quickly it works because it has to have rain to move it into the ground.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since Ferro will be the 1st one there, maybe we can task him with spreading the fire ant killer. After all, he will need something to keep him busy till the rest of us get there.

I will arrive Thursday from SC. You will know it's me, as I will have the longest 5 ton cargo truck there.....:mrgreen::jumpin:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe Ferro can walk around with honey on his legs and attract them all, then stab them one at a time with an ice pick.

hilber

What route are you taking. Are you going down through Lexington area or through Athens. I am Homer, but might be at my farm in Vesta then. HILTON

I will be leaving The Royston / Hartwell, Georgia area on Wednesday morning. Looks like 2 m35a2's and a trailer in my group so far. If anyone is interested we can meet up in the Royston, Elberton or Bowman areas on Wednesday morning.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gee thanks guys! Maybe I won't be the first if I'm tasked like that! And here I thought it would be a pain free week, with Angie not around. Lol!

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can also pour Club Soda on an active mound and it will kill them. This brought to you from Texas..........the fire ant capital of the world.:-D

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Being the first year bringing the jeep to ride the trails. the websight says $25 a day to ride the trail, but i thought they gave us a discount last year, are they giving one this year?

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gee thanks guys! Maybe I won't be the first if I'm tasked like that! And here I thought it would be a pain free week, with Angie not around. Lol!
No, you are gonna fall off something and bark up your shins like Haspin. THen Neil and I will have to baby you the rest of the week..................:mrgreen::jumpin:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I will be leaving on Monday and returning Monday night. Then I'll be leaving on Tuesday and returning Tuesday night. Then I'll be leaving on Wednesday and maybe returning Wednesday night. And if I still need to move more stuff out there then I'll move more out on Thursday and then assess if I need to return and get more.
You need a semi!!!!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
CARNAC, I have an important question for you. What is the name of the Fire Ant killer you had last year? Where can we get some on the way down?

If a few people brought some we wouldn't all use yours.

;-)
It was AMDRO. Killed them good but it takes 24-48 hrs. I will need to spread it early on. Will do what I can but can't assure 100% success for the entire field. I have an extra bottle or two for people to use if they have an issue after I've done what I can before hand.

I highly suggest always carrying a bottle of AMDRO (or something similar), a can of bee killer, and a can off OFF. A couple years ago I had my truck invaded in the middle of the night by fire ants. I was sleeping in the back but not for long. I have since declared war on the little bas tards.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Geeze Louise!!!

You fellers can master a 2 1/2ton, 5ton, 10 ton truck...but a tiny lil ant, flea, horse fly or a tick makes ya wilt like a sissy!aua

Time to harden the farkel up men (and women)!!
Yer in the big leagues now...it's the GA Rally we are talking about!

There will be woodland creatures and pests of all types to contend with.

Heck...if sumpin bites me, I'm gonna bite it back!:D

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.