• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always start hearing B-horror film music in my head for some reason using the shower house outside the campground. Something about the bare flickering light, plywood walls, fire hose of a shower head, and the 6'8" bald guy in bloody coveralls with a hockey mask on, sitting on the toliet reading cosmo...

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't be worse then the showers at Haspin. That was bad. Speaking about Haspin- are we gonna have porta potties onsite? Or are we going be making the 100 yard dash to the shower house, like at Haspin? Only to find the place locked up tight:shock:

zout

How are the trailer rides going to be announced this year ? just curious as I sit here in anticipation.

I do not believe I have seen the "LZ GROUNDS" layout posted last year as an aerial view (scuz me if I missed it) but that was a great pic last year. Might help new folks get aquainted as well to the area.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always start hearing B-horror film music in my head for some reason using the shower house outside the campground. Something about the bare flickering light, plywood walls, fire hose of a shower head, and the 6'8" bald guy in bloody coveralls with a hockey mask on, sitting on the toliet reading cosmo...
Best to bring flip-flops for that shower. Anyone see the chocolate candy with nuts scattered around on the wet floor in the puddle by the toilet last year? I almost ran out the door until I figured out what it was!

phil2968

We'll be there in a month! I can't wait! Save me a spot near you Zout if you have the space! I need something level. We're setting up the civi tent! We'll be there Wed evening I hope!

zout

Staking out the area same as last - Neil I know is coming around the bend as well - keep that trailer load of motor bikes and 4 runners outta there. Other side for Camo crew - Will have it all marked out by Wed morning. Should be room for you down there but away from the falling debris off that big tree. Tigger and his bunch of rowdies as well - Tigger will be helping me get the live pig on the grill and get em held down till he stops squeeling and kickin.

I plan on baiting for the ants to move em all towards the guy sleeping in the hammock.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Staking out the area same as last - Neil I know is coming around the bend as well - keep that trailer load of motor bikes and 4 runners outta there. Other side for Camo crew - Will have it all marked out by Wed morning. Should be room for you down there but away from the falling debris off that big tree. Tigger and his bunch of rowdies as well - Tigger will be helping me get the live pig on the grill and get em held down till he stops squeeling and kickin.

I plan on baiting for the ants to move em all towards the guy sleeping in the hammock.
You can box me in back there and i can back my trailer in the woods. the only thing i need out is the jeep and it dont need much room! I got a new pack of ratchet straps well hold that sucker down!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zout- that corner of the pasture will be hopping...... Ferro and I are setting up near Neils mobile hooch. I am bringing a tent, as the boss says she is coming, and wants to learn how to drive the 814.....I will have to find a BIG field for her to do that.

AMGeneral

Well,the M54A1 is definetly a GO for the rally!!
Kenny delivered my 673 Mack this morning that I purchased from tie6044(thanks Scott!),I test fired it and it's ready for it's new home under the hood.

It sounds awsome,and I do believe it's had the fuel turned up a bit[thumbzup]

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, Clinto had a group of us meet him at the rally site and do a recon. WM went off to nail down the hardball convoy, while others went out to check out the trails. I had a small issue on the power since someone has 'permanently' reserved RV site 65, but Lori and Mike (Durhamtown) think we can work around that to everyone's satisfaction. And we used almost two jugs of AMDRO to give our little ant friends a treat in advance, Clinto has the last half jug to use on Tuesday for any mounds we missed - got to be fair to all the ants! Must have been 75 or more mounds that got their early bird present thanks to the generous folks that ate at the MKT last year!:beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks