• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Poppop, don't wait on me. Finally got on the road at 0330. Now south of Cocoa Beach notmoving an inch. Highway is closed, just watched a helo land and take off. Crash no doubt.

Bobby, tell Jonette that I didn't even bring a long gun this year. I had planned to, rarely leave home without one but I forgot

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Poppop, don't wait on me. Finally got on the road at 0330. Now south of Cocoa Beach notmoving an inch. Highway is closed, just watched a helo land and take off. Crash no doubt.

Bobby, tell Jonette that I didn't even bring a long gun this year. I had planned to, rarely leave home without one but I forgot

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, it is very quiet at FOB Nuthouse. I awoke early to the sound of sterophonic snoring- BigUGH20 moved into the hooch, and he had been up for 30 hours, so he was due. Now Ferro? I know he has had plenty of sleep.
Last night was great, getting to know folks I haven't seen from last year, and trying to put faces with screen names. We had a good campfire chat session, and I hope we have another tonight.
Anyhow, the sky has clouded back over, but the temp is a lovely 47º, and today promises to be another good one. Ron73819 is trying to keep a count of all the truck, tlrs, and what not, but I am afraid that they will be rolling in faster then he can count. I have gate duty starting at 0800 with Phil, but with no desk or paperwork, I guess the best we can do is point out to people where the main action areas are.
Somebody just drove into the compound, so I guess I will go and see who it is. With it still being dark, 99% of the attendees are still asleep, and I plan to let them sleep as long as they want.

Hope to see the rest of you here at the Ga rally...................:jumpin::mrgreen:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The Boss Lady and I made it around 2:30 GA time Tuesday.

The Road Train did a lot better than I expected. On the flats she would hold 55 (sweet spot) but did pull down on the hills. Manuvering was easier too.....with two pivot points it turns pretty good.

Downhill with a tailwind she'll do 65.

I pulled into the Flying J truckstop for fuel and parked next to a commercial rig....I was about the same length as a regular truck with a 53 foot trailer.

Made it through Hotlanta without killing anybody and only flipped off one Ahole that didn't understand "RIGHT LANE CLOSED".

The van has been positioned and disconnected from the Prime Mover in anticipation of the Hardball convoy on Sat.

If you ordered tshirts they are in plastic bags with your name on them. If not picked up my noon Sat they will go on the block.

I ordered Small sizes in the tan and ash (long sleeve) for the kids.

I also found a couple of 2011 rally shirts in the bottom of a box....they will sell cheap if anyone is interested.

Attachments

Jimma

Wreckerman working the gate with no desk, no paperwork or anything is about as effective as being an unarmed embassy security officer.:cookoo: see y'all soon. Hope to be there around 2:00.

RIDDLE1

Well the 923 is loaded and ready to go! I'm meeting Sandcobra in Cordele at 12:45 and then we will be rendezvousing with the CAMO guys in Macon!

See ya'll this afternoon!!

Jimma

Truck problem. Dad is in Hiawasee, GA with Gary on the way to the rally. Dad's deuce is leaking oil and it's all over the place. It's running good but blowing oil somewhere. Also there appears to be too much oil in it. It had the correct amount two days ago. It appears that diesel may be mixing with oil. Any suggestions? Also, one of his new LED tail light started smoking and fried its self today. So I'm sitting here waiting to here from them as to when we are going to meet up to head to DT.

Jimma

Dad his leaving his duece in Hiawassee with too much diesel in the oil. He is riding down with Gary in his M35A3. I'm leaving to head that way since they will be delayed. I know trucks that have done this before but cannot remember how to fix the problem with diesel getting in the oil maybe someone can enlighten me.

caliber1

Dad his leaving his duece in Hiawassee with too much diesel in the oil. He is riding down with Gary in his M35A3. I'm leaving to head that way since they will be delayed. I know trucks that have done this before but cannot remember how to fix the problem with diesel getting in the oil maybe someone can enlighten me.
Jimma, has the FDC been bypassed? I hear they can fail and fill the crank case. Haven't done mine yet, but I am sure there are people there that have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks