• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandcobra164

PB might have some pics of Ron sitting. When "Crane Thingy" spit a lock ring and tire on the side of the road 2 years ago, Ron stood around and watched as Atomic and I put the spare one on. PB may have some pics of him with his arms crossed and spewing about how the tires should have been aired up to prevent such a thing. Heck, as a Wrecker Operator in the Army National Guard myself, I have to ask. "What is operator level maintenance as spelled out in the -10?" Rant over and Ron will likely retaliate with stories of a smudge of white paint on "Proud American" on the right side of the bumper. He'd be right and I did knock down a fence but I'd blame that on the route recon team. Long and short of it, we've done all this mess as one big happy dysfunctional family and we can't wait to get together to put the "FUN" in dysfunction again. I should be there Friday and wish I would get there Wednesday.

sandcobra164

Well. my trucks brakes are officially FUBAR, and the odds of getting them fixed in time are slim to none.

Looks as though I might wind up being yet another casualty. :(
I'm with Clinto!!! Tell what is wrong and we might know some quick fixes to get her roadworthy for the ride!!!

michigandon

They started dragging on me, and I was in an area that I really didn't want to be in with NO tools, so I ended up having to drive it home that way.

Now I fear that the shoes have been glazed, and even if I could get them releasing properly, I wouldn't feel comfortable driving all the way down there on them. Besides, I've never had these drums opened up in the first place, so I reckon it's just time to do the entire brake evolution.

walkerhunter

Hey Joe you and Pb can smile big ole grins and know that i picked up a load of that special "Candy" multi fuel today.:driver: You know the kind with octane booster.

sandcobra164

Chaplin,
As requested, Tropical Storm Karen so far is turning West but in preparation for her, we have dumped 2 warehouses worth of gear onto open storage on the off chance that we will have to house around 4,000 folks from NAS Pensacola. I don't think Karen will be a real factor but If I don't make it, you know what happened. We had the Pensacola crew show up last year but the was the first time in my 5 years of working out there.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The sun will rise in 60 minutes over day 1 of the 2013 rally. It will be a hot one today peaking at 87. Cooler weather coming.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I pulled in at 0630 this morning to watch the sunrise over durhamtown. Where are the rest of you slackers?:naner:

On a serious note, my m37 started giving me fits right off the trailer. Looks like I need a new cap and rotor, and the CORRECT ventilated points. It already is burning up the points I put on yesterday! And I did put a new condenser on and they are gapped correctly. So if anyone has these parts and can bring them I will pay you for them! Thanks!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where's the darn pictures? :naner:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Let me see if I have this right... we now have at least Ferro, EMD, Zout and Ron on the ground and nobody has the common courtesy to post a single pic??

Swiss I hereby request you start the "Ga Rally Mutimedia Thread" and start out by chastizing all those slackers currently present for not posting pics for use less fortunate folks that have poopoo heads for bosses and can't get free yet!!
:papabear:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did it for you PB and saved Clinto the time since he is strapped right now.

:)

Please put all pics and videos in it.

Thank you

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Geez! You want to see it you should be here! :twisted:

Can't seem to get my phone to upload to the site. I will dig out my camera, laptop, and cable just to throw a bone at those of you chomping at the bit.

Attachments

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have favorable fuel prices this weekend. Diesel prices that I know of to date

Gainesville ga 3.79
Greenville sc. 3.64

those coming down from the north fill up in South Carolina the fuel is the cheapest of all the surrounding states

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know you don't have anything better to do so please put them in the multimedia thread or I'm going to have PB drive over and talk to you.

;-)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I passed amgeneral72 (I think that's D's username) and somebody in a 939 series on 285 this morning about 0730. They were eastbound and we were westbound.

zout

left cable home to download pics off my camera to the computer - no service on my tonka toy piece o chit phone to send either - this is COOL- out of sight and out of touch with the world - guess ya just outta get your hiney out here and see whats up. Sure is NICE out here - should have seen the awesome display of stars in the night sky last night when we pulled in - peace and solitude with no stinkin music going on either - no lights on - shear awesome - yaall get out here now ya hear

Status
Not open for further replies.