• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

Kenny - it must have been near 90 yesterday afternoon - light dew on teh ground this morning probably in teh high 60"s. Been hearing vicious rumors of rain - but sure is nice sitting out here having coffee this morning - no clouds in the sky and birds just singing away - frickin stunning. Spent some time down at the main groundsd last night after eating chow - light clouds covering a star filled sky once again, The sky at night down here is nearly like being on a ship in the ocean - God GIven Display of his Magnificance and an utter showcase for us measly humans. Spectacular.

Beside the folks are having a great time in the field getting ready - Drew was unpacking his trailer - Tigger made it in late afternoon yesterday with a bit CHIT eating grin in his new camper - he did an awesome job on it with his jeep in tow. He went to bed early last night.

OOPS - gotta eat breakfast now and make a complicated decision of which side of my egg and engish muffin once again I want to bite in to first.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While I sure would like to be there, I'm sure not looking forward to 90°temps. Hopefully it cools off before Wednesday.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys that arrived early are killing me. Here I sit working my tail off and two more days before I can leave. I haven't even decided which truck I'm bringing. I will be towing my M149A2 water buffalo this year and dropping it off at Clintos after the rally for some PM he's helping me with. Plus, I need to leave to work in China on the Monday after the rally. No time in between.

I'll be departing Hiawassee at 0930 Wednesday morning for Durhamtown. Jimma's Dad and I will be convoying down together. Anyone interested in joining up in Hiawassee, send me a PM.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, my departure was to be tomorrow about 9a but likely will be noon. Will be in Blairsville all day Tuesday and headed down Wed am. Hope to be in place by noon.

rmgill

I'm in Atlanta and I'd be hard pressed to think we've had 90° days. Kenny likely it's 90° in the direct sun but cooler than than in the shade. Mid 80s has been generally the peak over the past week. It should be reasonably comfortable at the Rally.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, I got some $$$ for you for the LED's. I will be leaving here Wed with my two kids and will meet up with you on Thursday.
I have to remember to put those in the truck.

Thanks Ryan, we are battling 90° today with equal humidity. Air you can slice.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's what intellicast says:
Union Point, GA 10 Day Forecast °F
sun mon tue wed thu fri sat sun mon tue
oct oct oct oct oct oct oct oct oct oct
06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15
P Cl AM Sh M Sun P Cl Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny P Cl P Cl
84° 76° 72° 73° 75° 76° 76° 76° 76° 77°
67° 53° 53° 50° 47° 49° 54° 55° 55° 55°

zout

It might show in the 80's or 70's but out in this direct sun will make you head start to boil in no time flat. Its humid now and munching on a sandwich with a fan blowing on us in the shade under the tarp right now. Make sure you have some bug spray with you as well - mosquitos are not bad at night but present and knats during the day hounding you - and then there's Deb on my case all the time but bug spray has no effect.

poppop

What,s in the oven right now??????? PEANUTS, anyone want roasted peanuts at the Rally?? How about JW4X4??

Hope I don't burn them.

poppop

Run out of water Phil. But these are dry peanuts I am roasting for some of the Yanks. I will boil the Rally peanuts Tuesday.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Thanks poppop that is is the only reason I am driving the 15 hours down there next week. I have always hated boiled goobers but last year ate some of yours on a Gimpy dare and you turned me into a believer!

Oh and maybe for a little bit of zout's "boiled" corn!

Last edited:

TMNT

Looks like I'm out of the race this time around. I've been running my old butt around the clock dealing with business troubles, moving between houses, starting a new company, wife is sick, and more.

I had decided to give it one more big push to get everything together and go. I was changing the oil and filters and rotating a couple of tires around to get better rubber on the steering axle when I discovered the middle axle is leaking from the hubs again. There's just no way I can tear back in to that right now and I don't feel good about running to D'Town with it leaking.

It'll have to sit and wait until I have time and money to get it out to Clinto's so he can do it right.

I am beyond disappointed, and I haven't even told my son yet.

Y'all have fun and maybe I can catch you next year.

ivbeenrokd

I've never been to the rally but am hoping to come on Friday. I've got a lot of parts for sale and am interested in buying some parts as well. Is there much buying and selling going on?

Thanks,
John

Status
Not open for further replies.