• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Medical report! 2 lost rider last night for DT found them after a few hours, they ran out of gas! 1 badly cut arm on a dirtbike rider, cleaned and glued it closed and put a dressing on it! 1 sliver removal! 3 cases of pissing off fire ants! 1 brain ach!

Chief_919

Ok got loaded and am ready to haul. Last minute change I sold my M38A1 this morning so the GPW is loaded along with a giant box of goodies, Dells M101 trailer is loaded on the flatbed of my Ford, since it was coming I couldn't tow with the CUCV. When you see a load that looks like Fred Sanford rolling in tomorrow around 9:30 that will be me!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The weather has been as perfect as you could ask for. Durhamtown crew has been excellent whenever asked for anything.

The mosquitoes are better than ever. Mahala had to keep their small dog inside at night so it wouldn't get carried off. :)

Lots of stuff I don't need is here for sale but yet I have this strange urge to buy. The car is only half loaded with Gimpy's stuff.

The downside is that due to training I have to leave tomorrow and will miss that Sat crew.

zout

I fully agree SW - all week the weather has been P E R F E C T - PRICELESS. Lots of vendors here once again and my wallet magically popped open to get a few items to make the M909 look pretty. Going to replace one of its eyeballs this morning - got some clearnance lights to make a towbar - WM has them great rubber mats for
sale down there. I'll wait to cut it at home so Tigger does not have to do any stitching this weekend.

Watched on the BIGSCREEN last night Olympus is Down - no one would pass the popcorn ??? bogarting popcorn is a low point in life.

I have tons of pics to post and no way to get them on from here I think the mulitimedia thread is going to be overwhealmed come Sunday night and Monday to catch you all up on events and the fun.

Want to say a great thanks to the entire set up crew for the 2013 Georgia Rally as you have done an outstanding job once again this year.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Late post, but I have been busy. After tracing down ferro's problem to a brand new condenser(we rebuilt the carb twice, the ING system three times, including 3 differnet coils). We tackled my clutch. Buttoned it all back up, test drove it, and we are ready for the trails.

Lots of folks have come in, way to many to count.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Medical report! 3 wrecks for DT yesterday. just bumps and scrapes! Today bike rider wiped out over the bars and cracked the helmet so called in the local EMS to transport. Got word back that he shook his noodle a bit but is ok!None of ours got hurt other than a cupple head ach and a cut finger! Lets be safe everyone!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Final count for powered vehicles was 109. Had a great time. Had one issue on the M1010 half was home. Got off for fuel and when I got back on the highway, the truck peaked out at 51 mph the dropped to 39. Limped down the shoulder to the next exit and got off. Always check the fuel filter first. Thanks to Gimp, I had one on the front seat. A few minutes later I was back up to 60 headed south.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All I can say is WOW! Everyone involved in keeping things on track were great. This was my first, and certainly not my last SSGR. The trail rides were fantastic, and even though I wasn't able to bring one of my trucks, there was always an empty seat that needed filling. Met a ton of great people, Kenny thanks for letting me help at registration, that was a great way to meet folks. If you want the help I will be there again next year. MDMorgan (Daniel) thanks for all the second seat availability, you and your wife were fun trail leaders. Breakfast at the MKT, better than you can imagine! Millions of things to say, JUST GO! I was so busy having fun took almost no pictures :( If you can't drive an MV in, you will still feel welcome no matter what. Total drive was right around 2100 miles RT. Worth every one and more.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My post rally thanks list goes far and wide and I'll certainly forget some folks. I spend almost all of my time at the corner of campground and vendor field doing my quirky, self appointed registration tasks. This was the first rally in years where I could just get up and walk away and the registration function just keep on clicking away. I was pleasantly surprised to have so many folks just hang around there and mingle. Folks that I can remember assisting were Phil2968, Wheelspinner, Clintogf, SWBRADLEY, Microjeep and I would guess a few more that I can't recall. Spicy and Streamline stepped up in a big way again. Despite all the flak that Spicy gives me, she did provide us with the first hundred badge holders. I think I'm going to try to up that amount to 300 next year! She and Streamline also made a nice banner so folks would know where registration was. Each year they provide whatever signs we need at their expense. Thank you!

The folks that work behind the scenes to make this event premier exceeded expectations again. Those involved worked masterfully at their task to make each attendee feel at home. Durhamtown threw in a few extra challenges and we were able to work through them seamlessly.

SCSG-G4 and Wreckerman893 worked their fingers to the bone to provide meals starting Wednesday eve right through Sunday breakfast. Their staff of dedicated volunteers has exceeded expectations again. Some of the names that come to mind are; Pam, Spicy, Poppop, Bamalady, Microjeep and a host of others. Besides his very busy position as paramadic, Tigger also was the Chief Head Counter at the MKT.

Dangerfiled Inc (Jason) did a low country boil Wed eve to supplement the MKT and it was quite a spread. I was tickled to see so many folks scooping up so much shrimp. Left plenty of potatoes onions and sausage to be consumed by folks like me who aren't a seafood fan.

As usual, Tigger was our on site paramedic. Not only did he provide that service for us, he did so for the entire off road park and was kept quite busy. I think he is one of the reasons that our relationship with Durhamtown stays in good standing. Thanks Matthew and take a break.

It was another great rally for all to enjoy. We learned a few things and found out that most of the changes were positive.

Now it's time to call someone out. This rally was the first time I met Microjeep. This guy couldn't volunteer enough. No matter what area of the rally you went to, he was there working. I'd say he had a great time but that will be up to him to confirm. When he wasn't working he was helping other members do stuff. Thanks Mike for all your assistance, you have been noticed.

Until next time, thanks everyone!

Last edited:

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks very much, but really no thanks needed, any organization is the sum of its members. I really don't know many of you guys and figure the best way to meet people is to jump in there and be part of what ever is going on. I had a great time and so did my wife Mia. And thanks Phil for the b-day present. When and where is the next rally?
IMG_20131013_132647_222.jpg

SOOOOO SAD!

zout

You need to make it to Columbus for the Veterans Day Parade Nov 9 with CAMO crew.
Entire route entails through Columbus and Phoenix City - you will not leave with a dry eye when you FIRST see the mobs of folks - truly outstanding.

If its like any previous year PB does a cookout at the hooch for everyone. If you contact him and do not have a MV to drive he may be able to set you up.

Do Not Miss this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks