• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have literally thrown stuff everywhere in the truck and trailer loading at the barn. Now in the morning I have to repack then we can head out. Crazy

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the "treasures" loaded tonight. Still have a few loose ends to tie up in the morning, then "hopefully" hit the road by noon. Should arrive DT mid-morning Thursday.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got my truck mostly loaded tonight, but still need to stop by and pick up ice, drinks and food at the Ingles in the morning. Jim Reese and I should be arriving at DT sometime after noon in our deuces. I decided to bring my Polaris ATP this year, along with an ATV trailer I would like to sell.

GamaGoatGirl

Really wish I was on my way there with Doghead! Just spoke with him and he says they should be there this afternoon! Please keep posting updates so I can experience it vicariously! Miss you guys and gals!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Gonna pick Tinwoodsman up from his hotel in about 30 minutes, have breakfast and then to the compound for a few final details and my car auction then we are headed North East!!! Should be there between 15:00 to 16:00hrs:-D

Zout has a diversion planned so I can sneak into the Rally Compound without that pesty Sheriff nabing me!

:papabear:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Leaving my hotel in southern KY and headed for the peach state. Wheels up in 16.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Come on down! Plenty of room, the air is nice and crisp. It should be a little warm for the yankees, just right for NC, SC, North Ga, and a bit cold for the southern boys. Right now it is overcast, with about a 5 MPH wind out of the NW, gusting to 10 or so. Weather man says it should be partly cloudy to clear skies today, with highs in the lower 70's and lows around 53 tonight.

As an added bonus, and you only get this from the Ga Rally pre rally folks, Zout, EMD567, Ferro, and Phil 2468 have arranged, though great effort, sweat, tears and many phone calls, a wonderful, almost straight overhead pass of the ISS. She is the greatest thing in military hardware, and we convinced NASA to move her overhead( although I think they are just checking on Tigger and PapaBear). The pass starts at 1940 tonight, and will last 3 minutes 48 seconds(which is a really long pass).

I might see if I can find a clutch today, and if I do, I just might install it. However, 73M819 wants to flip the truck, Zout wants to roll it over, and all I want is a concrete floor and a floor jack. So we will see.

Last edited:

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well truck is repacked We are leaving for my DR's appointment be there at 9am them God willing the creek don't rise we are headed back to DT! We hope to arrive back around 11am this morning and then I will start laying out all my goodies! Hope our Academy Sports discounted shelter canopy is still up and the wind didn't steel it away like it tried to yesterday! Everyone have a safe trip in!

walkerhunter

Depending on work I hope to be in this eve around 7. If I get slammed I will have to wait till lunch tomorrow. If anyone needs .d to pick something up I have several part stores that deliver to my shop. 770 862 4520 feel free to ring my bell. See y'all soon!:driver:

Whiterabbit

How's the gas prices up that away? Looking on the web it looks like the Flying J off of I20 is the cheapest. I found it by shear luck last yr. I don't know what my MPG will be with the new tires. I don't get on I20, I'm coming up through Warrenton. 12,Ga22,Ga44.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I might see if I can find a clutch today, and if I do, I just might install it. However, 73M819 wants to flip the truck, Zout wants to roll it over, and all I want is a concrete floor and a floor jack. So we will see.
I'll be passing by Memphis Equipment in the morning. Their website shows a clutch plate for $125 plus $50 core. Let me knoiw if I need to stop and pick one up.

zout

Looks like Thursday will be Left Front Steer tire changing day on the M909. Got rid of the RF steer before coming and that took care of a slit tire around a tread and loosing air pressure - coming down the Left Front wanted to dang near jump off the ground in a pull or when below 50 MPH. Tread is pretty well chopped up and cupping and it has 83 lbs air in it - this one never lost air pressure but it has a death jump to it.

Aftger sitting here and debating with myself since we got here - I just need to get it off and get that spare on that I got a couple weeks ago that looks in really good shape. Doubt I will get down to the field tomorrow and be up here working on this project most of the day. I'll flip that steer in the spare tire rack as long as I know it holds air it will make a good spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks