• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK here is the question folks. I have a 2 friends who want to attend the rally they both have razors the polaris side by sides. Can they trail ride along with the big trucks.? I was thinking no big deal but I wanted to know my facts
I've ridden many times with the big trucks on my ATV. It makes for good trail scouting out in front and is a nice place to sit while you watch the drivers get their trucks out of the mud. You just have to be very mindful of your pecking order on who wins in a collision. In my case even a wheel chock could take me out...........almost. ;-)

I should be there tomorrow (Wed) late afternoon.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I just spoke with MDMorgan about it an we think you should ask at the counter when you check in! We don't have a problem with it! but DT has policys!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just spoke with MDMorgan about it an we think you should ask at the counter when you check in! We don't have a problem with it! but DT has policys!
Squirt-Truck is our trail leader and will have the final say. Let's wait till he gets down on site on Wednesday and situation and we can then put out an official policy.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Small ATV's that are a part of the rally are welcome, Extreme caution around the trucks, no hot rods, the ATV's riders and drivers must have helmets, golf cars no helmets unless DT has a rule on them. (ask) Mules, just need to be safe in the particular ways they require. (This means SLOW.)

ATV's require the same driver and rider passes as the larger vehicles.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have been at it all morning trying to get the last of our stuff packed up. All I need to do now is give Brian a bath and I think that we're going to be ready to come out tomorrow.

I still have to hit the grocery store which we'll do on the way there and I have to find the license plate for the other trailer.

Attachments

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been at it all morning trying to get the last of our stuff packed up. All I need to do now is give Brian a bath and I think that we're going to be ready to come out tomorrow.

I still have to hit the grocery store which we'll do on the way there and I have to find the license plate for the other trailer.
Sorry Clinto, the Rally is over, we had a great time! Maybe next year :mrgreen:

tgtaylor64

My nine year old son and the M1009 will be heading out Friday morning assuming I get the new injectors installed this week! We attended the Uharrie, NC event a few years ago and had a great time. I hope to see some old friends and make some new ones. We will be heading from SC on I-20 between 9 am and noon. Safe travels everyone!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My nine year old son and the M1009 will be heading out Friday morning assuming I get the new injectors installed this week! We attended the Uharrie, NC event a few years ago and had a great time. I hope to see some old friends and make some new ones. We will be heading from SC on I-20 between 9 am and noon. Safe travels everyone!
Are you gonna let your 9 year old drive the 1009?

Blythewoodjoe

I have a question if anyone knows the answer (actually I have the question regardless of anyone knowing the answer). If I bring a golf cart, can I drive it on the paved road between the rally and my "cabin"? I knew last year but since I did not have one, I have no memories of driving to call on. I have a small gasser I plan to bring if I have room after loading the trailer. Since I will be in a 5 ton, something smaller would be nice. My wife should be there Friday evening and I don't think she will be moving her Jeep once it is parked. No dirt of dust allowed inside. She wants to drive the golf cart back and forth.

Joe

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I have a question if anyone knows the answer (actually I have the question regardless of anyone knowing the answer). If I bring a golf cart, can I drive it on the paved road between the rally and my "cabin"? I knew last year but since I did not have one, I have no memories of driving to call on. I have a small gasser I plan to bring if I have room after loading the trailer. Since I will be in a 5 ton, something smaller would be nice. My wife should be there Friday evening and I don't think she will be moving her Jeep once it is parked. No dirt of dust allowed inside. She wants to drive the golf cart back and forth.Joe
I think they prefer we use the dirt trail that runs alongside the paved road.:driver:

Stonepicker1

I will be heading out of South Florida around 5 AM Wed morning. (650 miles / 10.5 hour + drive).
Driving just the CUCV-II Crew Cab this time.
I'll have both of my kids with me this time, planning on renting some ATV's and spending a little time on the rifle range.
I rented a cabin so I'll see everyone Thursday morning.

sandcobra164

So how do myself and the others get reimbursed for the $20 per night we already paid? Thanks
I see that you've been called out a few times already so no need to do that. I'm about to burn about $500 worth of diesel to bring two trucks up and back. I planned on burning $1,000 so anything less than that is "gravy". I also planned on bringing a 42 year old truck to this event and have saved a few pennies back in case it doesn't make it and has to get towed. DT does make a good deal for us as they don't mind the partying, it's a close enough spot to get together, and they allow us to all get together. I'll be happy Thursday evening if both of my trucks make it on a full tank and I don't have more than about a $300 buck fuel bill to top off. Those hill's make them suck it faster in that side of the state. If I spend a few bucks here of there, I consider that part of the addiction. We've probably all spent a few bucks getting these vehicles in the first place. Ask me how much it takes to get a truck shipped back from Norway and I will respond in kind.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe, I was scolded last year for scooting up the road on my cart. Will be glad to show you the preferred route to the lodge off street

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have a question if anyone knows the answer (actually I have the question regardless of anyone knowing the answer). If I bring a golf cart, can I drive it on the paved road between the rally and my "cabin"? I knew last year but since I did not have one, I have no memories of driving to call on. I have a small gasser I plan to bring if I have room after loading the trailer. Since I will be in a 5 ton, something smaller would be nice. My wife should be there Friday evening and I don't think she will be moving her Jeep once it is parked. No dirt of dust allowed inside. She wants to drive the golf cart back and forth.

Joe
I think they prefer we use the dirt trail that runs alongside the paved road.:driver:
PB is probably correct-there is a "roadway" traveling from the cabins/rv area(s) and it goes most of the way to the rally field. You can also use the grassy shoulder area on the other side of the road and cross when you get down to the rally field.

clintogf and I have always used the Mule as our "base runner" to get back and forth to the field and cabins. No point in having to fire up the big stuff every time you need to go.

TMNT

Joe
The local sheriff there has been very aggressive about enforcement regarding off-road vehicles on the road there. There are no warnings, only big fines. I've seen three or four deputies lined up along the road there to keep an eye on things. I think there is still a warning sign up at the office regarding this issue. You can cross the road but you cannot travel on the road.

There is a path, as Clinto mentioned, that will get you almost anywhere on the property without traveling on the asphalt.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drove up to Montezuma on Monday and got the truck loaded today, be to the rally Wednesday afternoon.

IMG_3567.jpg IMG_3568.jpg

:beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks