• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

If I understand what the organizers wish to happen and I fully agree - there is NO reason to OPEN carry a weapon out there. There is no reason to broadcast you have a weapon on you. This is not the jest of the rally.

Lets not open a debate and abide by their wishes. If you have a lump and keep it to yourself - your call I guess. No one is telling you that you cannot.
Lots of us have carry permits. I'll walk around with my sweetie on my hip and hugging instead. (if it does not look like Deb please do not tell on me)

Besides - Deb and I plan on tossing some lead at the range as we will be in the camping area right by the range anyhow. Anyone want to get together to plink let me know.

Last edited:

Whiterabbit

Bottom line. You are not in the "bad side" of town, it's like going to a family reunion or church picnic. Use some common sense people , you're not going to impress anyone. Get there and enjoy the common interest in military vehicles and kick your shoes off and relax.
Zout,
Might have to meet up and show me where it's at. They have a skeet range too I believe. Great opportunity to embarrass myself.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Rally is now open! 73M819 hit the field this morning at around 8:15 am. We can not have a rally with only one attendee so he needs some company!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The Rally is now open! 73M819 hit the field this morning at around 8:15 am. We can not have a rally with only one attendee so he needs some company!
I bet Ron rushed right out there just so he could claim "the lil doghouse" at the end of the field!!:naner:

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bet Ron rushed right o0ut there just so he could claim "the lil doghouse" at the end of the field!!:naner:
Ron is officially in the doghouse this week like many of the rest of us will be once we leave the house :)

zout

Be calling Ron here shortly as I was able to get a dozen bulbs of the ones we need - can always use more tho.

The skeet range is the raw basics down there - but old is good. Across the street from the registration for DT is the access to the RV camping area as well as some of the other rental sites for cabins. Taking this road down and crossing into what is known as the horse pasture till it ends is the gun range - again this is the less than basic range - you'll pass the skeet range on the right of you going down this trail. Bring your targets or use the really funny stuff folks have used for targets - there was an array of funny stuff down there last year - the one that got my attention was an ole propane tank (glad I was not there).

Ron will have company tonight. Going to get us wether he likes it or not.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spicy wants to go shooting with yall! Please take her with you so she can get her gun powder fix! She will be packing a 9mm and a AR .223! With ok guy's here's the scary part......wait for it,,......wait for it....AMMO!!! :shock:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Be calling Ron here shortly as I was able to get a dozen bulbs of the ones we need - can always use more tho.

The skeet range is the raw basics down there - but old is good. Across the street from the registration for DT is the access to the RV camping area as well as some of the other rental sites for cabins. Taking this road down and crossing into what is known as the horse pasture till it ends is the gun range - again this is the less than basic range - you'll pass the skeet range on the right of you going down this trail. Bring your targets or use the really funny stuff folks have used for targets - there was an array of funny stuff down there last year - the one that got my attention was an ole propane tank (glad I was not there).

Ron will have company tonight. Going to get us wether he likes it or not.
Sure!!! Tease us poor folks that work for a slave driver boss and can't get away til Wednesday!!

Last edited:

zout

Yeah Bobby - it will not be like it use to be - but she is more than welcome to come down with us - we'll be camping in the RV area adjouring the old horse pasture anyhow within walking distance. Plus I have a few hand grenades I need to toss cause they are almost at expiration date.

Al Harvey

If you have a lump and keep it to yourself

Besides - Deb and I plan on tossing some lead at the range as we will be in the camping area right by the range anyhow. Anyone want to get together to plink let me know.

I have never heard the phrase "lump".

I'll probably get with ya and do some plinking since I finally got a little spare ammo. What is the range like there? Do I need to bring any targets or anything like that?

zout

You can bring a propane tank - I was curious how that went for them folks last year - description of the range: PRIMATIVE
bring what you want to shoot at.

zout

(does it seem like I'm bored)

Hi Ho Hi Ho
Its almost time to GO
To pester Ron
And See my Bro's
Hi HO Hi HO Hi HO

5 more hours and headed home
and pack our crap
then tool on down
then hit the sack
HI HO HI HO HI HO

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to announce our official Safety Officers for the Rally! YOU

The best Safety Officer we can have on site is for each of us to take responsibility for safe operations of our vehicles, loading, unloading etc. We ask that everyone take the role of Safety Officer and ensure that everyone makes it home safely. As an official appointed safety officer please remind others if you see something that may need to be politely brought to somebody's attention.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ALright folks, the time has come. The EMD567 convoy is departing in 5 minutes for DT. See ya there, or be square..............:mrgreen:

Whiterabbit

Zout, you know those expiration dates are just "recommendations". They don't go bad.:-D
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Just kiddin' if any BATFE is reading this! Please don't kick my door in, I had my fare share of toss'n those in the desert. Twice!
(they do go bad, gott'a use 'em up was our motto.) :roll:

Holy Crap! I want to take off now and I'm not even packed! Must be nice to be retired, I'll find out how it feels in a few months!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What if you have a cwp?
The first word in those initials is what? C.......... Weapon Permit. It is vastly different than open carry. Open carry can get you locked up in SC, unless you are an LEO on duty or fit one of the other expressed circumstances. Otherwise, it MUST stay concealed in all situations. The rally is family friendly and laid back. You don't make a positive impression when you open carry in a society where the majority are not carrying openly, rather those that do open carry anyway come across as a couple short of a six pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks