• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blythewoodjoe

Once again, it's time to start packing and I am not ready. I hope to leave out Thursday morning and arrive at the rally after lunch. I was wondering if anyone will have a welder on site? I was planning to bring my Hobart gas welder, but I just don't feel like taking the axle off and loading it in the back of the truck. I plan to work on a project while there, and I might need to weld a bracket or two. I plan to bring a few things to sell but I will post details in the trade thread. My brother in law will be with me this year and he will be manning the store.

See you all in a few days,
Joe

Spicy

I'm going to get a few things done to the Sprinter and drive it down and camp in it. Hoping to make it Wednesday afternoon/evening, Thursday at the latest.

I was *this* close to saying "screw it" and writing off the whole entire week, but you can Thank Spicy for talking me out of that. ;)
You are welcome. Never leave a man behind.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
0728, and it looks like I am the only one up. We did get rain showers, with some of them heavy enough to wake me up out of a drug induced stupor. I just rolled over and went back to sleep. Had two more M109's come in late, Dwight and some one else.

It looks like it is gonna be a buggy rally. Make sure you bring plenty of bug spray, and use it.

Anyhow, it is now 0732, and I am still the only one up........working nights on little sleep will do that to you.

zout

ahhhh on teh second cup off coffee down here Bro - sliced smoked ham on the grille - scrambled eggs - waffles - Oppppps did I drop my GRITS - no loss there. Its not sprinkling on the end but it is damp and the water is running off the horses backs - must be fake ducks but larger - Even Oddballs up down here walking around.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Whoo Hoooo!!! Just gotta get thru today and tomorrow and we'll be one the way!! Tinwoodsman should be here around noon tomorrow and then Wednesday the CAMO Crew will roll out for DT.

BabyBear is getting excited, he knows something is about to happen he just is not sure what.

Attachments

Grits

PopUp.....don't forget, besides the boiled and roasted peanuts......We'll need about 10 lbs. of Green ones to make the trip up and back.....
Green peanuts and Beer make for good driving, and fix your stomach right up !
....Grits

phil2968

A little excitement going on. Two booms and lots of black smoke. DT set an old camper trailer a fire. It was the tires we heard going off.

Last edited:

rbeasley66

"Lodging You have several options at the SSGR: You can pitch a tent or sleep in your truck for a primitive camping fee of $15 per night for 3 people..."
Clinto and Swiss, just a heads up, seems DT is charging $20 a night for primitive camping to SS members. Didn't know if $15 was an agreed upon price with DT, or it was just carried over from last year.

100acre

"Lodging You have several options at the SSGR: You can pitch a tent or sleep in your truck for a primitive camping fee of $15 per night for 3 people..."
Clinto and Swiss, just a heads up, seems DT is charging $20 a night for primitive camping to SS members. Didn't know if $15 was an agreed upon price with DT, or it was just carried over from last year.
When Tigger and I showed up DT charged us $20 per night for primitive camping. The prices have obviously gone up, so plan accordingly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks