• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to getting a fresh perspective on things this morning, and due to some encouraging words from Clinto last night by way of a phone call (thanks Clint), I managed to get everything loaded, the truck washed, and I re-worked that leaking hub. Only time (and miles) will tell if I got it right this time.

I have to fly down to Ft. Lauderdale in the morning and return Wednesday night. I plan on rolling out in the wee hours of Thursday morning to beat the Atlanta rush hour traffic. I have to make a stop along the way for some groceries and ice, but I should be at D'Town about 10:00.

Scott great news!!! Tell your son Dylan is waiting to hang out again :)

Smokinyoda

Just found out I'm not gonna be able to make it this weekend. Might drive down Fri AM but will have to leave that evening.

I had reserved an RV trailer there a couple months ago for Fri and Sat. If anyone could use this reservation send me a PM and I will send you the details. It is a 2 bed unit with full bath, heat and a/c, for $85 a night.

*Updated with correct info*

Last edited:

3dAngus

Just found out I'm not gonna be able to make it this weekend. Might drive down Fri AM but will have to leave that evening.

I had reserved an RV trailer there a couple months ago for Fri and Sat. If anyone could use this reservation send me a PM and I will send you the details. Believe it was a 3 bed unit for $70 a night.

PM sent.

AMGeneral

Ok,I have everything mostly packed,will load and leave here tomorrow evening around 5 PM headed south to SGS4's home to overnight there and leave Wed morning driving one of the 2 trucks.

I am packing "light" this year,I only needed the dually to haul all my stuff!!

I will see all ya'll Wednesday!!

Spicy

Seriously? $20 per night to sleep in my M105 with no water and no electricity.

Prices are going up!
You could be paying what we pay for the Cabins. Considering we only see the cabins to sleep in. But I love the heat. Sometimes people need to count there blessing. I will leave the rest for someone self to finish. It is not easy to find a place that would over 100 trucks come and set-up.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
You could be paying what we pay for the Cabins. Considering we only see the cabins to sleep in. But I love the heat. Sometimes people need to count there blessing. I will leave the rest for someone self to finish. It is not easy to find a place that would over 100 trucks come and set-up.
Jonette, remember you said that when you start to complain about the snoring/bear noises coming from next door!!
:papabear:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The Boss Lady is out in the kitchen making "Papa Bear bait" to whit.......cookies of all sorts and designs. They will be doled out at mealtime at the MKT.
:drool::drool: Ok...wait...how much for the whole pan in pic #2...wait...and pic 1 and 3?? (Of course any transactions must be made without MB's knowledge...she thinks I'm on a diet)

I've heard cookies aren't healthy for regular humans and I consider it my personal civic duty to protect the masses from sugar overload...ya see...I'm sorta immune to sugar...sorta.

Last edited:

100acre

I know I was in the lodge and it totally disgusted me to hear someone with the ladies DEMANDING his money back - next time you want to act like a total arse represting the MV group leave me out of it - you DO NOT represent ME and Zout 2. After I bought Ice for the coolers the ladies told me it was the 4th time the individual came back wanting the discount Difficult to figure out whey we are down in the rv section huh
I am sorry again to have things misconstrued but I only went in once and asked, (NOT DEMANDED) for the difference, the second time I was there was after others asked me to accompany them to figure it all out. This wasn't supposed to have been blown out of proportion, nor was I thinking of representing anyone else, at least I didn't think of it that way, and now i realize as a steel soldier member at a rally i may be, but I sincerely apologize for having upset anyone as it wasn't my intention. I did give them more money to pay for the trails and gave high praise to Mike and his staff and this wonderful park.

I never demand anything of anyone, it isn't the way I operate. I am always polite and respectful. More positive outcomes happen when we are cordial with our fellow brethren. Gods Peace...

Last edited:

Spicy

I want to just reminder everyone of some thing. We all make mistake. They have made mistake they are correcting it. We had something last year that should have never happen. We need to be respectful of the rally and the employees. They do a lot for us while we are there. The point of the rally is for fellowship and fun. So if you want to show your ^&*(! please take it somewhere else. I'm only saying this because I got the feeling today something was going. When they made a mistake with our cabin. I called to correct the mistake and lady was way too sorry. Saying she going have the girl write us apology note. I told her was not serious. I was just worried to would have not place a sleep. I was nice the whole time. but she seem like wait for me exposed.

Mistakes are a part of life everryone has a mistake they rather not remember. Let drop it and get back to better news.

dangerfieldinc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need some sort of edumicated guess on what kind of head count to yall think might kinda be around in body not spirt on Wed night for eating some Low-country Boil. If we could please gather the all seeing CARNAC 's help with this we might or might not be even in the ball park. I just want make sure we have plenty to go around. I know this is a total shot in the dark but someone more intune with the head count might have a beter idea or not. I dont remember how many we had last year. I think it was 25-35 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks