• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR14 thread

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Needs 5.38 gears. That's spittin funny. We had one event in Ohio where they had skillet races. Basically a cast iron skillet, a rope and an ATV. They even had a water truck to water the course. The skillet gets hot on the seat. Helmet required.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Squirt Truck - THANK YOU (and everyone else involved) for categorizing the trail rides! [thumbzup] I will participate in them now that I know I won't beat the daylights out of my M1009. I have so much time and money invested in it, and I don't want to wreck it while out on a trail. It is also my sole source of transportation to and from the Rally (900+ total miles).

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Squirt Truck - THANK YOU (and everyone else involved) for categorizing the trail rides! [thumbzup] I will participate in them now that I know I won't beat the daylights out of my M1009. I have so much time and money invested in it, and I don't want to wreck it while out on a trail. It is also my sole source of transportation to and from the Rally (900+ total miles).

I am glad you brought this up because it means I should have made this more clear:

So when ya'll see all the pics of the trailrides, naturally the pictures that get posted the most are of the most extreme stuff-because it's cool to see giant 6x6's doing stuff you expect little Wranglers to be doing.

But every single trailride has "walkarounds" where you can avoid the obstacle and stay on the easy stuff while the more adventurous types do their thing.

So you can take your vehicle on ANY trailride and be confident that you won't stick it or damage it-so if you want to go on an "extreme" ride and watch the crazies do their thing-you can.

Whiterabbit

Nice fun trails that won't destroy your truck. I drive mine up there and back home so I understand not wanting to break it. I drive up from the Sav. area and so far any truck breakdown problems were self inflicted. :oops:
b P1060218.jpgb P1060220.jpg100_2450.jpg
Good fun, and you can even ride a lawn mower on some parts! :shock:
DSCN1801.jpg

Last edited:

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some of our wives are looking at setting up some activities and bringing things the girls might want to buy. Anyone got an idea of how many ladies normally attend the rally?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At this point I would make mention as the CO my primary goal is the safety of all the attendees, not last or least is myself.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup you are on light duty . You need to get a couple of guys to go bear down any problems.
Don't need you stressed.we don't want anything to happen to you.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, I have a different outlook on things now and after the support I got from SS I want to make sure nothing happens to any of them. ;-)

(I have enforcers.)

Whiterabbit

Don't forget you can always do a "Hey You!" roster there, I'm sure no one there would mind running an errand for ya'. Same goes for any of the folks working to make this event happen. :-D

Ladies in attendance? I'd gusstimate 20ish are there and some cookie snatchers.

bchauvette

Don't forget you can always do a "Hey You!" roster there, I'm sure no one there would mind running an errand for ya'. Same goes for any of the folks working to make this event happen. :-D

Ladies in attendance? I'd gusstimate 20ish are there and some cookie snatchers.
Not knowing what kind of condition I'll be in (no not drunk) I'm reluctant to volunteer. How ever if I got a "Hey You" I'd be honored to do what I can to contribute! I'm going to keep my eyes open to do what ever I can.