• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR14 thread

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do I need rubber boots? As you see, I am getting nervous here.
Robo, Breathe, breathe.......All will be fine, all will work out. You will never see team work and support like this rally outside of a well oiled military organization. If you didn't bring it, someone did. If you brought it, and didn't need it, someone else might. See you Wednesday!

TMNT

It's starting get daylight and I'm sitting here with my dogs, having a cup of joe to get the day started. As soon as the Monday morning Atlanta traffic clears up, we're on the way! My planned stop-over at Conyers didn't work out, so we should be there by 1300. Getting excited now. I'm ready to be rollin' rollin' rollin'!

RAYZER

Rolling out as soon as I finish my coffee at waffle house.
Doe's someone have a compression tester for the multi fuel they can bring?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Things are rocking early. Day 2 of the rally is getting busy.

We had a good show so far. I bought all the good stuff so far so I hope others are bringing new stuff :)

Ron
John
Phil
Drew
Emilie
Steve
Clint
Dawn
Chris

Pics of today

View attachment 520406
View attachment 520407
View attachment 520408
View attachment 520409
View attachment 520410
View attachment 520411
View attachment 520412
Looks like a bunch of old guys just sitting around!! We young folks will be there early afternoon Wednesday!:naner:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
:tigger:

- Has anybody a spare tent I can use? The usual 6x7 feet with 4 feet height is OK, everything over is luxury.
- A camping seat and small table to work on the laptop
- an airbed? Large or double size no problem; even better. (I am 6.2)[/QUOTE

Robo.....I have a full size air mattress in the trailer but I'm not sure if it is a leaker or not. You are welcome to try it and see.

I also have the standard aluminum folding cot but it is narrow and may not be comfortable for a big guy. I'll throw it on the truck if I can dig it out of the storage trailer.

Be of good cheer......once you get to the rally you will be surprised how things fall into place.

Whiterabbit

Rayzor,
Hope you're up and running! I don't have jack that could be of use to you in your time of need but I can kick your tires and say "Yep, looks broken to me". I can hop in the wife's car and run for parts if you need?

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I am here. Got here around 0920. Wifi is DOWN in the field, D-town says it won't be repaired, so unless you do sneaky wifi ops like me, this will be an infrequently updated rally. Hence no multimedia thread. Uh oh they are on to me. Signing out for now...

TMNT

I'm at the Flyin' J for fuel. Should be at the compound in 25 minutes or so. The wifi being down really sucks.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
R4X has.picked up the LME and on the road. Be late.evemas it looks
Recovry4x4. Sweet news! Drive very safety with your additional 1500 lbs or so of precious cargo! I will have the 923 down on Thursday for loading. 73m819 can assist with unload if you need off trailer earlier

You are now official Ga mafia

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Throwing the last things in my bags then a few hours sleep. Have to get up at 01:50 to be at the airport before 4:30 with enough time to spare (even with e-checkin completed). So the last post probable, will check 1 more time just before going to sleep, than next check will be Frankfurt airport then Atlanta Airport. Have fun.

Whiterabbit

WiFi down and DT won't fix it? WTF? It ain't like they don't have the $$ to fix it!
We were depending on that, the wife was planning on working on her masters degree out there while I wander around buying stuff I can't afford.
Well %$^*&!!

andy3

Has cell coverage improved any at all?

Can't the HAM guys setup some kind of IP AP via WIFI? I know that was lots of acronyms.

Rayzer Update?

ke5eua

Ahh, I have the wife so mad at me right now, and all my wifi equipment is here to setup a repeater, ap, mesh nose, down link from iss, you name it I packed it. I can't live without Internet. I make sure I have the means.