• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2016 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 19-23, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is WRONG, start with a HET m1070a1, strip a mk15a1, MOD mk15a1 parts and install on said m1070a1 to create a m1070a1R (m1070a1 recovery) not sure WHERE Swiss came up with a hett (het/trailer combo and a hemtt 984), though he has been working long hours, OR maybe he is just getting OLD.

I don't think I have posted anything correct in the last 2 days :( Must be the cold weather

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
8 days to go folks, 3 for others. Time to staple up all your open wounds, grab a transfusion, pillage the spouses bank account and get the truck loaded. Bring coolers and sustainables, ice is sold reasonably on premise. Don't forget charging devices. Phone batteries that last a day won't make lunch out there. Remember, your first stop once at the rally field is the registration desk. Get signed in a d let the fun begin.
Medusa will be there, probably at the CP, for charging phones. Larger devices can also be charged, but only if the are 'turned off' first. Medusa's ports are only rated at 1 amp each and tablets burn through more than that, so I'm mentioning it as a word to the wise.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Hey guys, [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]It may be written somewhere but I can't find it, I plan to come this year for the first time and I've got a hmmwv (truck model) and want to know if my kids can ride in the back on the trails? Do they need helmets? I know these question may seem simple to the veterans of the rally. I just don't want to get all the way there and not be let on the trails due to safety issues.Thanks, Bob
[/COLOR]
Helmets are required unless the person is inside a cab and has a seat belt on. If they are in the back, they should have a helmet. DT has been getting stricter about this rule.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just checked the Space weather website, and we will have multiple chances for viewing the ISS from the rally field starting on the 17th. Clinto does a good job putting on a top notch rally, and getting the ISS to fly overhead..........

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
4 days folks. Hope everyone is nearing completion. A bit of good budgeting news. If you're on a fixed income like me, saving $500 a day until the rally, will assure you a great rally. Seriously, if anyone is contemplating coming and may not for a lack of funds, you don't need much and even less if you volunteer at the MKT and serve your fellow collectors. It really is worth the ride and fuel.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Accu weather has a more optimistic prediction.
Sir, how can you put optimistic and 89° in the same category. Weatherbug had a more appealing forcast as well but nothing like here. Normally I am looking forward to cooler weather this time of year, now I'm traveling to a hotter place. Are you hitting the highway today?

phil2968

The optimistic part was about the rain. I'll take 89° over 98° any day! Raining a little this morning. Still loading. Will leave in the morning.

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm all ready to roll out, leaving Hiawassee, and arriving late Wednesday afternoon. Checked all the fluids, brakes, lights, etc. I'll be pulling my M149A2 water buffalo. :-D:-D:-D

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron and I went and fueled up BART. You should have seen the gas station owner doing a happy dance he is now in the black for 2017 already.

Anyway, we figured it was a good idea to do it before the field got even more crowded. There are tons of pickups with bikes and 6 or so campers around.

Only one question, why aren't YOU here yet? :roll:

Attachments

Last edited:

AMGeneral

Ron and I went and fueled up BART. You should have seen the gas station owner doing a happy dance he is now in the black for 2017 already.

Anyway, we figured it was a good idea to do it before the field got even more crowded. There are tons of pickups with bikes and 6 or so campers around.

Only one question, why aren't YOU here yet? :roll:

I guess Ron didn't drive the 819 this year?

I am bringing the M62A1 wrecker,towing the M322 LT equipment trailer to be picked up at the rally,I am probably pulling out Friday morning headed back home though,1 more move to do this coming weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks